Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-11-2021, 09:35 PM   #1
Rickrving

New to this - 2003 Itasca Suncruiser

Hi everyone,
We are new to this and new to our 2003 Itasca. We started with a tent trailer, then a travel trailer and now to this. I have been a truck driver for 35 years with travelling thru Canada and the States. All my travelling has been seeing the world at 65 mph. Would like start seeing a little slower. Lol

I was wondering how one would find the headlights and taillights for this bad boy. And if I wanted to hang something on the ceiling where would I find where the ceiling supports beams are.

Thanks in advance.
Newtothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I can't answer your present questions but I will say WELCOME to a great group. I'm sure information will be forthcoming.

I suspect there is no reason to give you driving instructions.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothis View Post
Hi everyone,
We are new to this and new to our 2003 Itasca. We started with a tent trailer, then a travel trailer and now to this. I have been a truck driver for 35 years with travelling thru Canada and the States. All my travelling has been seeing the world at 65 mph. Would like start seeing a little slower. Lol

I was wondering how one would find the headlights and taillights for this bad boy. And if I wanted to hang something on the ceiling where would I find where the ceiling supports beams are.

Thanks in advance.
I have no advice about the lights, but you might try a decent electronic stud finder to find any crossmembers.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:11 PM   #4
Rickrving

Driving instructor for my wife. Lol She is doing really well. She has a bit of a lead foot. I spent the last 20 years working air liquid Canada. Serving western Canada.
Thank for welcome.
Newtothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Might just start here

https://winnebago.com/owners/owner-tools

Enjoy your travels

Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
I have no advice about the lights, but you might try a decent electronic stud finder to find any crossmembers.
Failing that, a Harbor Freight metal detector should work or even a strong magnet since the crossmembers are steel. Also, Winnebago should be able to provide you with a detailed drawing if you call them. They're spaced more widely than you'd think they'd be. They sent me one when I was researching wall supports. In addition to cross-members, there are strategically placed metal plates in the ceiling and walls for mounting various things. These will also be shown on the drawings. I've also noticed that, on a dewy or frosty morning they can be visible on top of the roof.

You won't find the detailed info on cross-members, but there's a wealth of info for you here (parts catalog, plumbing and electrical diagrams, etc.):

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-tools

Also, here (the 2017 is just the publication date):

https://www.hwhcorp.com/winnebago2017_diagrams.html

I suggest downloading the plumbing and wiring diagrams from Winnebago and the HWH info so you have it when you need it even if you don't have internet access. And, if the info is downloaded to a laptop or tablet that you'll have with you when you travel, even better.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Headlights are ~2002 Grand Cherokee copies. Taillights are real Ford Focus wagon lights.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:39 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Your profile says you have a 32' MH. I looked at the 2003 Suncruiser brochure and don't see a 32, just a 31Y, a 33V, a 35U, a 37C and a 38G.

https://www.yumpu.com/la/document/re...uiser-brochure

Are you sure it's not a Sunrise? The Sunrise has a 32V

https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/03Sunrisebro.pdf

It's important that you list the exact model, including the letter, not just the length. It's also a good idea to set up a signature block similar to mine via the User CP "button" on the toolbar.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, suncruiser