Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #1
AZ boondocker

New to Posting! New to our Minnie 2401RG

Hello and so glad to find you all!
Will pick up our new TT (tiny home) next week and take to AZ to live to get away from Wisconsin winter. Do have a quasi (we "did" the interior) living quarters Hawk 3 horse slant that I stayed in last 2 years and moving up to a real house this year! Take 2 horses to az with me. Rather than upgrade our horse trailer, decided to go this way. Looking forward to adding solar for boondocking, along with choosing either 6 volt or 12 volt batteries (AGM maybe this time). So much to plan for and think about! Yay! An adventure!
Thanks for being here!
rharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello and welcome!
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I too am new with the same rig Minnie 2401rg. Love the layout and being able to look at my camp site as opposed to my neighbors!
Duane652000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #4
AZ boondocker

Exactly! Only layout with dinette (and view to us) on door side. Do you have extra " boondocking" batteries? Do they just seamlessly integrate into the existing 12 volt battery that comes with the trailer? I wanted to use 6 volt with solar panels but not sure if I can with what's already there. Any help with that?
Old 10-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

My bank consist of two deep cycle 12-volt series 24 batteries. I will be swapping out the original battery, as I have warranty on my current ones for 5 years. I wanted to go with 27 series batteries. But two won't normally fit on the tongue of a typical travel trailer, so I had to go with 24 series.

I will also move over my solar controller. I want an inverter for the 110v TV, but I'll get in some camping first and get to know the trailer before making too many mods.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #6
AZ boondocker

True about getting to know the trailer and I need to actually know what's there, meaning lots of questions when I pick it up. Mine has a tv with it and I would hope the inverter takes care of that??. But need to look up what size it is (can't seem to find that info specific to my trailer on the internet) Just called the dealer and asked where I can find an electrical and plumbing etc schematic. He was going to call his factory rep and ask. Has to be online somewhere! He didn't think it came with owners manual. Did you get one? He's going to ask inverter size etc. I'm also asking if they'll install 2 6volt rather than the 12 volt. He thought so, but I doubt it Not that I told him that. Would purchase and take them down with a battery box for them to install but hoping they'd make it right money wise. We'll see!
Old 10-03-2018, 04:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I doubt mine has an inverter. From what I found there is only a 120 to 12v step down with a 6 amp charger built in. Mine is a 2017, so it could be different on 18 or 19 models. I found the manual here: http://winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/operatormanuals.php
Old 10-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #8
AZ boondocker

Yes, you are correct and thanks for the link. Mine too has a 6 amp charger/converter. Need to figure now how much inverter I need and really IF I need it. The TV is the only thing I'd really use and if this didn't come with one, I surely would not be adding one. Guess I'll put the money into solar and batteries.
Thanks so much for your help! Happy camping!
Old 10-08-2018, 09:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Just had our first camp out. It definitely doesn’t have an inverter. It does have a 12v outlet at the main TV, which I think it’s 32,” but may be as big as 37”. It’s big for the space. Unfortunately Minnie only has 110vac in bedroom tv location, and at outside tv location. I hava small 20” 12vdc tv/dvd that I would like to use, but where I’d use it, I don’t have the right power. Someday I may see if the bedroom Power runs directly to the panel without sharing the circuit. If so, then I could move it to DC side, and change the plug.