Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2021, 08:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New to MH and Winnebago

We made the jump from Fiver to MH with a new to us 2007 Winnebago Voyage. Seller provided six new tires and all new batteries but the rest is pretty much “as is”. Still, we think (and hope) we got a good deal. Looking forward to this forum. We used our previous forum to good advantage. Hope to do the same here.
2007 Winnebago Voyage 35A.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0861176D-563D-4EDF-9242-3FCC325F3D51.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	617.9 KB
ID:	180690  
Rochaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:59 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Rochaven,
Wow, that was three months ago when you started to buy this 2007 Voyage 35A. Was all that time waiting to get the tires, batteries, and the once-over? I guess everyone is busy in the summertime, right? Glad you have it now, and happy travels!
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 08-27-2021, 09:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Eagle 5–
Yes it was. The biggest problem was a part that I insisted on from overseas. It took forever. I am still waiting for a control box for the auto levelers. We keep getting told from the supplier that it will “be here tomorrow”. The seller is a small dealership who relies on volume and is seriously worried about how supply chains are affecting his future. How do you argue with that when the VP of the US tells everyone to buy Christmas presents now or they won’t be here in time? Not making that up.
Anyway, we have the vehicle now and they have promised to come out and install the leveler control box whenever it gets here.
I still find of interest that after my initial post not one person had any negatives. I take that as a good omen.
Rochaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:38 PM   #4
Site Team

How curious it is about the three-plus month wait for the leveler control box. When I took my mother-in-law's Ford Fusion in for repair of the brake modulator (for the anti-lock feature) it took close to two months for that part to arrive. The Ford parts guy was only told "it was on-order," with no estimated delivery date. We just left the car at the dealership until the job was done, but two months was a very long time. Honestly, she doesn't drive now anyway, so it wasn't that big a deal for us.
I continue to hear stories of supply chain issues, so I guess we all have to make-due with what we have. I guess you can get leveling blocks for your Voyage, right? I have always liked the idea of Christmas year-round, so I'm ready to start ordering presents now. If they come-in early, so much the better! Now, what do I need for the Eagle5?????
I bet you are excited to get-out on an adventure in your new motorhome. I believe everyone here is always planning their next trip, and maybe that is half the fun.
Thanks, Eagle5

Tags
winnebago