Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Smile New to me Winnebago Owner and RVer

Hello all...

We just closed a deal on our very first RV, we pick her up on Weds. We have looked at many; Fleetwood Bounder, Coachmen, Tiffin, Newmar, Monaco etc. We wanted something in the 30'-36' range, and we had a very tight budget, $15-25K.

Looking for something that had reasonable miles, well cared for, and in good working order. We almost pulled trigger on a Fleetwood Bounder until our last stop on our tour around town looking at all the used ones sold by owner that met our criteria one way or another. Last stop, we came upon this gem. Older couple, big Winnie fans, this was his 6th one. He was in the winnie club and bought this from his friend 6 years ago.

We were amazed at how well the exterior was and the interior. Both in excellent shape with very min wear. Motor is Vortec Workhorse chassis with V8 342 HP. She runs well, engine was clean. Generator worked, heating and cooling worked. We have to test the fridge yet, Norcold, no idea on model# yet, I forgot to get that info. New tires all around with less than 1,000 miles, but they are 4 years old. He had her in for full maintenance about 4 years ago, and then stored her in his custom barn. Took it out once or twice a year to drive her around town and that was it. 51K on the ODO clock. New propane tank too.

I checked all sliders, all work fine. We had a little hydraulic leak in rear bedroom area under, and he had that fixed today. Also we have one sticky jack. I am sure it just needs a cleaning. engine shroud was replaced as well. I need to adjust the hood, seems top part doesn't want to snug up...

Air horns don't work, I need to look into those. Stairs light is burnt out. Electric porch Awning (Dometic) seems to stick a little in left corner and needs a little help, I am sure that is just an adjustment? He has spot light on top, but he forgot how to turn it on, and it has a remote? Elect slider couch, lays down just fine, but needs help when trying to retract back into upward position, he said he never used it, might need some lube or cleaning?

Does the fridge that comes with these run on either gas and/or electric?

Anyone who knows anything about these that has some heads up on known issues or advice I should be aware of, please feel free to chime in.

Also, where is a good place to buy parts? Seems the Winnie online owners store sucks, cant search and find anything on it. I have all the PDF catalogues with part numbers, and yet when I search for anything, I get bupkis. Also anyone know where I can find a center drink console thingy that goes over the doghouse? Something like in the picture I have attached.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to gaining and sharing all kinds of knowledge from and with everyone... and hopefully making a few friends along the way...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5f59d6ae88751d4e166cf0aa.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	175011  
Christo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi, welcome and congrats.

It would help us and you a bunch if you included the year, model and floodplain in your post.

Some of the things you mentioned (i.e. air horns) are not standard. So keep in mind that a previous owner has made changes and additions that the fellow you are buying from may not be all that well-versed on the details.

Also, be aware that the chassis you are buying was discontinued a number of years ago. Not that it is bad or subpar but has its own issues and features that are not universally discussed on the forum. You’ll encounter folks with the same RV but totally different chassis. So keep that in mind and always include your chassis info in threads where you are seeking info related to the chassis.

Winnieowners.com is a spinoff of www.irv2.com and over there you’ll find that they have a Workhorse chassis forum that might be of help to you as well.

Enjoy!
Old 09-16-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Hi, welcome and congrats.

It would help us and you a bunch if you included the year, model and floodplain in your post.

Some of the things you mentioned (i.e. air horns) are not standard. So keep in mind that a previous owner has made changes and additions that the fellow you are buying from may not be all that well-versed on the details.

Also, be aware that the chassis you are buying was discontinued a number of years ago. Not that it is bad or subpar but has its own issues and features that are not universally discussed on the forum. You’ll encounter folks with the same RV but totally different chassis. So keep that in mind and always include your chassis info in threads where you are seeking info related to the chassis.

Winnieowners.com is a spinoff of www.irv2.com and over there you’ll find that they have a Workhorse chassis forum that might be of help to you as well.

Enjoy!
Thanks! I thought I entered that info when I set up my profile... I see it did not post - will fix.

The airhorns are the ones listed in the Winnie Catalogue... Hadley is the brand if memory serves...

Of course my chassis has been discontinued, par for the corse! LMAO - great, well hopefully I will still get several years of use... (fingers crossed)

2002 Winnie Adventurer 32V w/Vortec 8.1L Workhorse Chassis
Christo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #4
Site Team

You need to add that year/model info into your Signature for it to show on your posts. Adding it to your profile doesn’t do the same thing.

Click on User CP on to left side of the top menu, the click on Edit Signature on the menu in the left side column.

With your year/model info you can find a lot of manuals, plumbing and wiring info As well as 3D parts diagrams online at Winnebago.com > Owners > Owners Tools.

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-tools

As to purchasing parts, WBGO no longer sells parts directly to Owners. You have to buy from a dealer. Many call Litchsinn RV for parts, they are the largest WBGO dealer and located in the same town as the factory.

https://www.lichtsinn.com/

Though I have found many WBGO parts available on Amazon and elsewhere just by doing a Google search by part number.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Quote:
You need to add that year/model info into your Signature for it to show on your posts. Adding it to your profile doesn’t do the same thing.

Click on User CP on to left side of the top menu, the click on Edit Signature on the menu in the left side column.

With your year/model info you can find a lot of manuals, plumbing and wiring info As well as 3D parts diagrams online at Winnebago.com > Owners > Owners Tools.

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-tools

As to purchasing parts, WBGO no longer sells parts directly to Owners. You have to buy from a dealer. Many call Litchsinn RV for parts, they are the largest WBGO dealer and located in the same town as the factory.

https://www.lichtsinn.com/

Though I have found many WBGO parts available on Amazon and elsewhere just by doing a Google search by part number.
I will give Lichtsinn a try, thanks!

Yeah, I went to the Winnie Owners site and grabbed it all and downloaded all manuals and parts catalogues etc... I'm a nerd, its how I roll..

I need to figure out the parts# gig though - as you stated that is how I usually shop for parts, I have a Harley Springer collection so I am used to part hunting etc... but I am not having luck with the Winnie ones for some reason...

I went and fixed my sig.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #6
Site Team

You're probably aware then that hunting for parts on older vehicles can be tough. Sometimes if you can find the original vendor you can contact them for equivalent or replacement parts.

Since your new RV is 18-years old and on a discontinued chassis your parts searches may be character building experiences. I'm sure you're up to the challenge.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #7
Site Team

You're probably aware then that hunting for parts on older vehicles can be tough. Sometimes if you can find the original vendor you can contact them for equivalent or replacement parts.

Since your new RV is 18-years old and on a discontinued chassis your parts searches may be character building experiences. I'm sure you're up to the challenge.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Smile

Quote:

Yeah, I am figuring on that... par for the course, and sometimes fun!

Tags
winnebago