Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New to Forum and Winnebago

Hello all,

We purchased a Minnie 2529RG at the Hershey show and it is set to be built in early November. We have camped for my whole life so now after having popups to a couple travel trailers we have purchased the Minnie.
We plan to retire in less than 2 years and plan to do some longer trips at that time.
I have a question about solar installation that I will post in the trailer section.

Thank you for the information you have provided and will provide moving forward.

Mark & Cheryl
mrlichty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:02 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mark & Cheryl,
The 2529RG looks like a very nice size for extended trips. Is it OK to get into the bathroom with the slide-out retracted? It looks like it will be a great trailer for you both.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
P.S. Oh wait - yes, two doors. Never mind on my question.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi Eagle,
Thank you.
One thing we didn't like about the trailer was the fact that when the slide was closed you couldn't get through the trailer. From the bedroom side you can access the bathroom but you can't get to kitchen without going outside. We had them close the slide during the Hershey show so we could see exactly what it looked like.
My wife loved all the storage so that was a big selling point for her.
mrlichty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #4
Site Team

Yes indeed, it does have lots of storage. You have 2,560 pounds of cargo capacity, so you should have no problems with weight. Of course, the huge tanks (60+6 fresh, 98 gray, and 49 black) have the potential to weight over 1,700 pounds, so you may need to be careful for those rare times when you are fully laden.
Thanks, Eagle5

Tags
forum, winnebago