Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-23-2023, 09:30 AM   #1
SolisWillie

New 2023 Solis Owner

Hi - I am Will, a relatively new owner of a '23 Solis. I am living out of the van 3-4 days/week while traveling for work, and it has been fantastic. I have made some improvements to storage, windows, etc. already and am developing some additional products for it now. Pretty fun ride overall.
SolisWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Will, welcome!

What model Solis do you have? 36A, 59P or 59PX?

When posting or asking questions it’s best to always include the full info - year, model and floor plan designator. That way we know which of Winnebago’s dozens of RVs you’re talking about.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:09 PM   #3
SolisWillie

59PX, sorry
Old 03-24-2023, 09:06 AM   #4
bbcasey

What improvements have you made?

Hi SolisWillie,

Curious what improvements you have made?

I am an owner of a 2022 59P and enjoying it.

I have added rear box, customized table, added monitor for laptop, added small TV, satellite, cell booster, upgraded wheels/tires. also swapped out bottom matress for better one and built removable rails for rear left mattress section so that it can be used as a shelf for storage during travel or when bed not in use.
bbcasey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 01:27 PM   #5
SolisWillie

bbcasey51;

So far, I made new window covers (insulated) and added MOLLE panels to the back doors and one of the cabinets (driver side rear facing cargo area). I swapped out the tires to Falken Wildpeak A/T's and added Sumo springs in the rear. Next up is the lift... That I am having installed at Adrenaline Motor Sports in The Dalles, OR. Iam working on redesigning the pop-up tent fabric portion as well.

Would like to see the picks of the rails you put in. Makes sense as that is a dead space when traveling. I usually have some soft goods there.

I saw Toaster Travels (YouTube folks) put in a shelf and microwave above the range. That space is one I am targeting as well.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:24 AM   #6
bbcasey

Hi,

Thanks for the post! Sounds like you have made some nice improvements - going to check out the microwave/shelf addition you mention, and will send along a picture of the rails/shelf for back left later this week hopefully.(Van is in storage)

have a great week.
Old 04-10-2023, 07:13 AM   #7
bbcasey

Removable Shelf

Here you go. I hinged it so that it can be removed and lie flat under the mattress when the bed is down or it can easily be layed on the floor. It connects with a bracket to two screws on either end of it. works pretty well and gives me alot more space where it was just that small section of the mattress before. I tried to upload some pics, hopefully it worked!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solis Removable Shelf.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	185586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelf Bracket.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	185587