Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2019, 07:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Owners and Hungry for Tips !

We just bought a Sightseer 27c 2004 37k miles.
The Winnebago book is a monster, and all the documentation that accompanied it, came with it. Kind of like a library. Got a short intro by the seller, but I am sure I will use this site for specific help. This is not the first RV we have had. But the one we had years ago was a 31 foot pull behind. This is perfect for my retirement (going on 7 months).

My wife and I are glad to find a Winnebago Forum !

Steve and Maggie
Naples Fla.
FlaSteve1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome! Here are a few tips on using this site:

1. Start reading the posts in the "Recent" discussions box in the upper right, daily if you can. The title often isn't descriptive (like "Need Help") so read as many as you can. You can subscribe to those of interest ("Thread Tools" tab). Winnieowners.com has a "sister" sight, IRV2.com that is also a good resource for information. In a month or so you'll build up a decent knowledge base.

2. In looking for a post on a specific topic, like "Sightseer 27C", use the Google search box at the top of the page. This is more efficient than the other search tools.

3. Familiarize yourself with the "sticky" posts. They'll save you a lot of searching:
General Maintenance and Repair - Winnebago Owners Online Community

4. Modify your signature to include info on your rig. That will save you time in posting and will assist those answering your questions. See mine below.

5. When you post, be sure to follow-up periodically to let us know that you're still interested. And we all love hearing how things turn out. Often the original poster disappears after posting the question and we all are left wondering if they're even reading what we post.

6. Here are a few acronyms and terms you'll encounter: OP = Original Poster, PO = Prior Owner, TT = Travel Trailer, Toad = Vehicle towed behind a MH (Motorhome). I'm sure others may add some more.

7. And, last but not least, familiarize yourself with the wealth of information about your rig and Winnebagos in general at:

https://winnebagoind.com/product-res...ct-information
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

We are glad you found us. All the previous recommendations are spot on, and if you have any questions or just need more clarification feel free to ask.

See you on the road, or in the forums.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

And one other thing, if, while reading another poster's thread, it triggers a question you might have, it's best if you ask your question in a separate thread so as not to "hijack" the original thread and head it in another direction. This can be a bit of a judgement call in that your question may just be asking for some clarification and be entirely appropriate for the pre-existing thread.

When posting questions, try to be clear in your title with appropriate key words rather than titles like "Need Help" or "Electrical Issue".
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote