Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-27-2021, 08:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New owners 2016 Spirit 25B

Hi Group,
Just got our Class C, Spirit 25b. Got back from our first shakedown cruise, a week along the east coast of Florida. Great rig and everything works!
Leave again next week for NC.
I have a question that maybe someone has some insights on:
The passenger side forward bay/basement locker is collecting water after it rains. Not sure how that's happening, any advice on how to troubleshoot?
Thanks
GeorgeP
GeorgeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi George. We have a 2021 22M and our small passenger side compartment near our entry door leaks a little as well. I’m not sure where it’s coming from though. I use it to store my tools, since it’s not a very big compartment. Welcome to the forum. There’s a lot of great people here with a tremendous amount of knowledge. I’m going to check the rubber gasket on that door.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on your 25B - I love that floorplan. Our 31D (2017) has an issue as well with regard to compartments and water, usually if we travel in the rain. I have to open them and allow them to dry out inbetween trips.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:44 PM   #4
Site Team

My compartment seems sealed, but in the rainy season I get moisture in there which I believe to be vapor condensation. On warm days, I open it to let it air out and dry, plus I have a few mothballs in there to prevent mold from growing. As Ron mentioned above, I use my small compartment for tool storage.
Eagle5
Old 09-28-2021, 04:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxel7851 View Post
Hi George. We have a 2021 22M and our small passenger side compartment near our entry door leaks a little as well. I’m not sure where it’s coming from though. I use it to store my tools, since it’s not a very big compartment. Welcome to the forum. There’s a lot of great people here with a tremendous amount of knowledge. I’m going to check the rubber gasket on that door.
Thanks for the reply, I'll investigate it more thoroughly as well. Let you know what I find.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks TJ, the motorhome lifestyle is new to us but loving the freedom to explore the small towns in comfort. I'll keep the group updated on what I find.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
My compartment seems sealed, but in the rainy season I get moisture in there which I believe to be vapor condensation. On warm days, I open it to let it air out and dry, plus I have a few mothballs in there to prevent mold from growing. As Ron mentioned above, I use my small compartment for tool storage.
Eagle5
Thanks for the mothball idea Eagle! I’ll have to put some in my compartment!
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote