Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-25-2018, 05:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New owners- 2014 Vista

We purchased a 2014 Vista at a bargain price. After 11 years owning a diesel pusher, we thought a gas model might be cheaper and being recently retired we hope to do some long distance bucket list trips. Our first trip is here at Huntington Beach State Park in South Carolina. Already noted leaks from the LR slide; will definitely be using this site to find others who’ve got this issue! Thanks for including us in Charleston South Carolina.
Debbie and Neil
2014 Vista 35F
Macevir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Howdy and welcome! Congrats on the new-to-you rig and I hope you get the leak sorted out.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Welcome and hope all your leaks are small and that you can find them all. Safe travels.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks y’all.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I'm driving a new to me 2015 vista 31KE so have different slides but I'm always open to hearing about what's going on with others. Tell us more about the leak? Assume you are speaking water leaking in? Top,sides, open, or closed or what's up?
One leak I had not thought too much about was mentioned in the manuals as part of putting the slide back in.
Seems simple enough to push a button and it all comes home but the manual mentions any water left on top can come inside with it! Better to use the jacks to tilt the RV and let the water run off out where it belongs!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Both ends (at bottom) of the LR slide leaks into the coach; have to put towels down to absorb the rain. Haven't investigated as yet, but we think it trickles down the side on to the rail and thus in and on the floor toward half bath and along carpet edge of cab. This was all during a rain storm and not associated with putting the slide in (we do know to gradually slide in due to possible water on topper). I fixed a makeshift diversion with tin foil so it would track there and not to rail. Hope we can figure out something else, sure don't want to pull the slide in every time it rains! I've read to put a couple of fun doodles under the topper but that's also a pain. Never had this problem in our Alfa LR slide, its topper also holds water. So it sounds like you tilt the coach? Which way? Front or back?
Debbie and Neil
2014 Vista 35f
Old 11-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

The tilting was to allow any collected water to run off before we pull the slide back into the house. Sounds like the seal at some point around the slide may be worn or deformed.
Maybe just a close look to see if there is anything obvious would be a first step?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote