Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2021, 05:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

new owner 2013 View Profile 24G

Hi,

We have been camping for over 20 years, have had tent, popup camper two travel trailers and now a class c motor home.
Plan to travel out west this year to visit all the national parks from Grand Canyon to Glazier to Bad Lands before coming back home south.

Can't wait to see all of the countryside of the US.
elmerfudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:35 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Elmer,
Those old cartoons were pretty good, weren't they? Is Hasenpfeffer cooked on the stove top or in the oven?
The 2013 24G View Profile is a cool motorhome.
Your trips to the parks sounds great. Maybe I'll see you out there.
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 01-21-2021, 04:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome, you have found a great group.
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 01:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Does anyone suggest any motor home extended warranty for the Winnebago? I'm heading out on about 4,000 mile trip, don't want any to have get side lined on the road somewhere because of troubles.
Leaving in April for Grand Canyon, would you make reservations along the way or just wing it with places you find along the way.
I going to use Roadtrippers.com for route and places to stay on trip there.

Thanks,
Elmer Fudd
elmerfudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 01:53 PM   #5
Site Team

Hi Elmer,

I have AAA Premier RV, but have never needed to use it for the Eagle5. I have used it for an older wheelchair van and also our 2002 Thunderbird. If you ever need to be towed, it is nice to have. Also, you might get a 5% discount on your insurance with the membership, and some RV Parks offer a AAA discount.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 02-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudd View Post
Does anyone suggest any motor home extended warranty for the Winnebago? I'm heading out on about 4,000 mile trip, don't want any to have get side lined on the road somewhere because of troubles.
Leaving in April for Grand Canyon, would you make reservations along the way or just wing it with places you find along the way.
I going to use Roadtrippers.com for route and places to stay on trip there.

Thanks,
Elmer Fudd
I think extended warranty and break-down issues are kind of separate. Its your choice if you want an extended warranty. Thats a decision dependent on whether the cost of the warrranty is worth it vs how much you might spend in repairs. In regards to having issues during a trip, the warranty vs just paying for repair I doubt will make any difference in how fast repairs can be done. It may even be quicker just to pay, instead of having to contact a warranty company and waiting for them to approve. I have heard that there are more RV's out there now with pandemic situation, so many people recommend a bit of planning just in case. It seems popular places are not as easy to get same day reservations as previously.
misteracng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view