Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Minnie Winnie 31K

Hello all, Norman From Wrentham Ma, picked up a new to us 2014 31K 17 K miles, three weeks ago, have had campers for many years however this is our first motorhome. We did a lot of research prior to, and just returned from our 3300 mile maiden voyage thru out the southern states, Complete Blue Ridge Parkway, then Georgia ,AL,MISS, Memphis Nashville, then NC, and VA back to Ma., by way of the Poconos. prior to the trip I replaced all the factory shocks with Bilstein's, and put in a heavy duty front sway bar, as well as an oil change. The trip was excellent from a vacation point of view the only issues I encountered with the coach were the roof vent above drivers got a crack and I replaced with one we bought along the way... took all of 4 minutes, made it much quieter, the next issue was a leaking fresh water inlet flange, bought that also but haven't installed it as of yet, and finally why I actually found this forum but have not searched out the best solution here ,was that after we got home I noticed the house battery box bottom had rotted so bad that the rear battery was almost on the ground!!!! very surprised at this as the coach is only 5 years young. I have been a MB member of other forums IE: Boating , Snowmobiling etc and had found them very helpful thru out the years and figured I would reach out to you nice folks here and Join. My Wife and I will happily enjoy being a part of this community, and look forward to giving input and finding solutions as well as being a member. looking forward to it
FF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think we may have the exact same unit! We might be able to swap lots of info as we go along as I also have a new to me rig and I've been doing lots of digging into some of the more detailed things, just as a way to get ahead of the curve, assuming there will be things that I need to look over as time goes on.
Do the wargames BEFORE we deploy rather than after and during the fight!!
Did you get a big bundle of info that often doesn't say much?
This may be a very good site to get down and dirty on wiring, plumbing and lots of the stuff they don't tell in the written info:
https://winnebagoind.com/product-res...ct-information
It may take a bit to sort and figure where and how to read, especially if you are not into reading drawings of this sort. Thankfully, I did a lot of that in a former lifetime, so I can often sort through to get down to the nuts and bolts type stuff we need to fix things.
Don't miss looking down to the bottom right for things like plumbing/electrical and then you can use your VIN to get exact info for your own item.
Every RV I've had has been different from the last but this time I feel really good about being able to find the correct answers to a lot of questions that are sure to come up.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote