Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2019, 07:59 AM   #1
Turtle7

New members Paul & Barb, Palm Bay, Fl Minni-Plus 27BHSS

Hello everyone. After owning several travel trailers and a 5th wheel, we decided to drop back to a travel trailer and purchased a Winnebago Minni-Plus 27BHSS. Our first outing will be this coming Sunday to break it in. The smaller size trailer fits us perfectly and the grand kids are already excited to get out on the road. I will post our adventures when we get back next week.
I do have one question, that the dealer couldn't answer...where do you place the TV wall mount bracket in the bedroom. I would hate to hit a stud that has electrical in it.
Keep on camping
Turtle7
Turtle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:57 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle7 View Post
I do have one question, that the dealer couldn't answer...where do you place the TV wall mount bracket in the bedroom. I would hate to hit a stud that has electrical in it.
Keep on camping
Turtle7
Welcome. In general there should be blocking in the wall near where there is a TV cable connector or near a power outlet on the wall. You can tap the wall looking for a solid sound. Some folks use a standard stud finder like you'd use to find wall studs in your home.

The last TT I had (10 years ago), not a WBGO, had a sticker on the wall to identify the area. I've been told that manufacturers put a pretty broad block in the wall so it's easy to hit when mounting.

Good luck and enjoy your first trip.

Tags