Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2021, 08:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New members. New Winnebago owners.

We are Patti and Gary. We live in Soo Michigan and have been camping for 50 plus years. We have owned a class c several trailers and a 5th wheel. We are back to a class c.2017 Minnie Winnie. What a difference to be back. We really expect to enjoy it.
We have looked a long time to make this big a purchase. The Minnie Winnie was the best made and quality in and out.
However we have encountered a problem never before arising according to our sellers. There were no manuals no operators manual for cab We never thought to look or question this as the time. As soon as we looked in glove box then thru the unit and could not find any... we asked owner. He was sure he had it at home. Next day he texted couldn’t find it but keep looking. Seller could not get them either. We are really perplexed. On line there is some information but refer us to owners manuals for clarification.
If anyone out there can help or knows where we can get this information Please Help. We have called Winnebago they can get us them but take 2-2 1/2 months at a cost of 100.00 plus shipping.
We look forward to finding out about your many travels and will share some of ours in the future. Happy Trails
Plehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:03 PM   #2
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

Plehman,

Noted you have a 2017 MW Class C. What model did you purchase? As you said a lot of the information is available on line, and on a good note many of the appliances such as the Hot Water Heater, Propane Heater, Propane Stove etc are all supplied to Winnebago by standard manufacturers such as Suburban and are common items from rig to rig.
But again, list your length and model number so folks can help you out here
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I would be very interested if you come up with a manual. I too tried to contact the manufacter and came up empty. The other day I asked the dealer and they said no manual available, but wished there was one because they were tired of owners calling in with basic questions. There are links to older RV's, but not newer models. You would think that major systems would be the same for different models. Irritating that one would have to pay $100 for a manual when it should be included with the purchase. How-to manuals are included with just about every thing you buy these days.
DogHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:39 AM   #4
Site Team

The Winnebago Operator's Manuals are completely online in PDF format. The F53 Chassis Owner's Manual is provided by ford and I'd guess you can find a PDF of that online as well.

The early 2017 Minnie Winnie has one Operator's Manual and later built 2017's have another Operator's Manual. If you look at the Identification Placard in your RV you'll see a Serial Number (not the Ford Chassis VIN, the Winnebago Serial number). You can tell if you have an Early or a Late model by looking at the 7th character in the serial number. If it's a #1 then you have an early model and if it's a number 2 you have a late model. Example: 12345W289012

Here's the PDF link for the Operator's Manual for the early model:

https://www.winnebago.com/Admin/Publ...nnieWinnie.pdf

Here's the PDF link the Operator's Manual for the Late Model:

https://www.winnebago.com/Admin/Publ...nnieWinnie.pdf

PS. If you find that you have a Serial number with a #1 search for a 2016 Ford F53 Cutaway Chassis Owners manual. If you have a serial number with a #2 then look for the 2017 Ford F53 Cutaway Chassis Owners manual. Though you might be able to find a manual online with the VIN number.

I found a Ford webpage that lets you look for the Owner's Manuals by selecting the year, Make (Ford) and Model (F53 Motorhome Chassis) and it will offer a webpage of the manual or a PDF to print out and other associated manuals that came with your motorhome. You can even order a printed replacement.

NOTE: There is really hardly any info in the Ford Owner's Manuals that will help you out all that much. Mostly just when to do oil changes, etc.

Here's the link to that page:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-ser...owner-manuals/
Old 04-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdie24 View Post
But again, list your length and model number so folks can help you out here
Lowdie24... normally that is the case. However for the 2017 Minnie Winnie WBGO only has one Operator's Manual for the entire model lineup.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:57 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHair View Post
I would be very interested if you come up with a manual..
DogHair, you haven't said what Winnebago you own, but looking at the incomplete info you included in your Profile (you really should put all of your info in your Profile so we can help you) I'm going to guess you have a Winnebago travel trailer?

If that is true, then there is a manual but it doesn't have a great deal of info. Winnebago has very detailed and specific operator's manuals for motorhomes. But the Towable division is operated separately and their customary offerings online for Towables is not like it is for Motorhomes.

I went back and looked at your previous posts and found that you mentioned that you have a 2021 Micro Minnie 2108 - There... was that so hard?

I also see that you've been given links to the Towables manual previously. I realize that those manuals are pretty darn incomplete. But that's how it is with Towables and it's the best link we can provide to you.

Please consider updating your Profile to include this info and also it would be super helpful if you made a Signature so that all of that info would be included in every post... like you see with others, such as mine below:

Tags
new member, winnebago