Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Member! Sailjoe - Retired Full Timer

I became a full timer in May 2018. Avid fly fisher. Retired in 2008, after 20 years with Best Western International as the Director of Quality Assurance International.

Updated my 2001 Itasca 36 diesel pusher in early 2018 with flat screen TVs, washer dryer, auto Direct TV antenna, new flooring, new decals, new gel mattress, Wineguard wifi antenna and more.I enjoy my creature comforts.

Travel mostly in the west, wintering in Phoenix and fishing in Idaho, Montana, Washington and Oregon. Currently in West Yellowstone, Mt, but leave tomorrow for North Fork, ID. Fishing has been good. Floated the Beaverhead, Big Hole and the Madison rivers so far this year. Sight seeing has been spectacular.
sailjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome Joe!

Sounds great! We used to live in Jackson, Wy and fly fishing the North Fork was one of my favorites. Don't miss fishing the Henry's Fork in Island Park, ID on your way out of West Yellowstone.

Obviously, there's great fishing all around that area. There is a small stream called Flat Creek that runs 2-miles through the National Elk Refuge just outside Jackson that limits fishing to fly fishing only and limits the season to Aug, Sept and Oct ONLY. It's very popular and has the smartest trout in the country waiting there. Good luck if you give it a try.

PS. We live just north of San Antonio now and we actually have a pretty nice, short trout season on the Guadalupe River where it exits the Canyon Lake Dam from Thanksgiving to early February.

Tags