Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2022, 02:20 PM   #1
J P
Winnebago Watcher

New member, Old Winnebago Vectra

Just wanted to post a hello to all from Cape Cod Ma. My wife and I have been happy campers for 50 years and RV owners for 20 of those years. We have a 27 year old Vectra we have had for 17 years now and plan on doing some traveling full time. I have had great luck with our antique RV but like myself it is getting older and needs help. I find that being a part of RV forums like here and IRv2 is a big help in getting a lot of answers to many questions from members who have been there and done that. So just want to say thanks in advance to all. Any questions about my area feel free to ask.
Have a Happy.
JP
J P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 10:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings JP,
My boat is now 30 years old, and my truck is 35, and to me, they both are like new and running well. The 1995 Vectra has a driver's door, which is fantastic, and no sliders, which eliminates any potential problems associated with them. Additionally, what a fantastic amount of forward glass area, so it must be a great sight seeing motorhome, right? Sometimes, the old designs were better.
I just took a look at Google Street there at Cape Cod, and I have never seen so many Cape Cod style roofs; not really a surprise, right? Maybe someday I'll get out there with my motorhome just to see how the other side of the country is doing. I haven't been out there since 1967.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-04-2022, 05:42 AM   #3
J P
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the welcome Eagle5, Yes the old RV seems much more durable. We had considered getting a newer one but weighed all the options and said no. We are the second owners of this rig and the first couple custom designed it with all the bells and whistles. To replace it would be a huge investment nowadays. I must say the things we like the most are what you mentioned, The driver door, no slide outs and our giant wrap around picture window in the front of our Livingroom. You never have to bend over or tip your head to see the top of the mountain.
J P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new member, winnebago