Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New Member introduction

We are John and Debbie of Melbourne, FL. We are retired and just purchased a 2014 Navion iQ 24V. We have limited objectives....see Florida First. However, it would be nice to be able to get up into the NC or Ga mountains somewhere and try to beat the summer heat.

Have had our steps go out. Looked like a ground wire pulled loose so I attached it. Then the radio/gps/cigarette lighter went dead. Replaced the fuse and they still don't work...but the steps work now!

Have a Takata air bag driver side needs replacing. MB in Melbourne initially said they had no way to track the part or to predict when it will be in and told me to call MB USA if that was a problem. I did and now they are saying that the part is on order, will be in soon, and they will call. Anybody else had experience with replacing their Takata air bag?
Pooolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooolboy View Post
We are John and Debbie of Melbourne, FL. We are retired and just purchased a 2014 Navion iQ 24V. We have limited objectives....see Florida First. However, it would be nice to be able to get up into the NC or Ga mountains somewhere and try to beat the summer heat.

Have had our steps go out. Looked like a ground wire pulled loose so I attached it. Then the radio/gps/cigarette lighter went dead. Replaced the fuse and they still don't work...but the steps work now!

Have a Takata air bag driver side needs replacing. MB in Melbourne initially said they had no way to track the part or to predict when it will be in and told me to call MB USA if that was a problem. I did and now they are saying that the part is on order, will be in soon, and they will call. Anybody else had experience with replacing their Takata air bag?

Howdy and welcome. Congrats on the retirement and the new RV. I wish I could help with the air bag question but unfortunately I'm clueless. Hopefully someone will see your post who has better information for you. (You might start a thread in the Class C motorhomes section about your Navion.)

Here's the thing about RVs... "it's always something." Have fun and be safe.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #3

Welcome! But no where in Georgia is cool in the Summer. No where!
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

« Hello | First RV »