Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2021, 06:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Member - First Problem

I am a new member and proud owner of a 2021 Sunstar 32M.
I am having problems connecting my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the Sony XAV-AX3000 media center. Specifically, my issue is the use of Android Audio.

Bluetooth pairing works fine. When i try to plug in my phone, the Android Auto icon briefly appears, then disappears. My phone enters Auto mode, but looking for connected vehicles, none are listed..

I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:
  • Deleted and re installed Android Auto app on phone
  • Confirmed software version of phone software
  • Cleared cache and app memory
  • Purchased new Anker 3 ft Micro Mini USB cables
Have also applied a liberal application of profanity.. Thought it was worth a try.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peso
Peso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It may sound stupid, but sometimes aftermarket cables don't work. Try the cord that came with your phone.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Not a stupid comment at all. The most common issue with Android Auto on the internet seems to be related the use of cheap aftermarket cables. My phone is several years old and the original cable resides with several lost socks in the land of lost objects. I bought the Anker cables online and the are supposed to be very good. It is very possible that they are not very good enough. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:21 AM   #4
Site Team

Are you sure the Sony XAV-AX3000 supports Android Audio? I’d search for the Sony’s details but don’t have much internet right now.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:27 AM   #5
Site Team

I had enough internet to do a search... I found this post on Reddit related to this issue:

Quote:
I bought mine at Best Buy (online) no firmware available for it. Apple play does not work with my iPad and Android Auto does not work with my Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. Sony said it only works on certain models (mine aren't on the list) and none work wirelessly
Wiring harness now has an additional wire for the eBrake to disable Video, otherwise the same Sony wire harness. Which I didn't realize until I had the whole thing installed, now I have to take it back apart.
Does anyone know another way to get Android Auto to work?? or screen mirror??
Old 05-29-2021, 09:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the efforts. I had not seen the Reddit post. The demo screen on my radio does say the radio supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. My next two steps are going to be:
- Do a "factory reset" on the radio
- Re add Android Auto permissions
Other than that, i am running out of altituse, airspeed, and ideas.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
It may sound stupid, but sometimes aftermarket cables don't work. Try the cord that came with your phone.
this above, same problem with me and iphone pairing. Went to apple cable and problem resolved. Know some people have had success with aftermarket cables but what I had would not work.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Problem solved.. Thanks for the replies. To resolve the issue, I had to get a new phone. My trusty old Note 8, even with software updates just could not pair. My new Note 20 Ultra 5G .. works.like a champ.

Tags