Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2021, 08:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Smile New member & first time RV owner

Hello all.

I am new to this forum and also a new RV owner. I hope to learn from the community.

I intend to spend a lot of time in my RV as I also build out another vehicle to be a more permanent home for myself and my 2 kids. I am looking forward to many trips with them over the next 8 years.

My 2000 Winnebago Journey's roof has not been touched since factory build. I have a small leak at shower skylight, which I believe is coming from cracked gutter skylight. It has just been delivered along with self leveling sealant from Winnebago. I would like to go ahead and repaint the entire roof to ensure it reflects solar energy and to ensure the rest of roof is waterproof.

What type of paint should I be looking for and are there any particular paints you would recommend?

Thank you.
Doug
BeckRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:20 AM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

You’re right in my page, I know RV roofs need constant observation and maintenance. And I don’t like the risk of doing it year in and year out by myself—did I mention I hate heights?

There are many more permanent solutions. This is just one, Google it, and you’ll find many options.

https://thervroofman.com/?gclid=Cj0K...YaAqwxEALw_wcB
Old 05-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Wyatt - Thank you for the assistance. I'll check it out.
BeckRanch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags