Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
2016 Itasca Sunova 35G

New Member-2016 Itasca Sunova 35G

Hi, Just joined the forum. Bought a new to us 2016 Itasca Sunova 35G last Summer (July 2019) from North Trail RV in Fort Myers, Fl.

Quite the experience driving it the first time from Fort Myers to home in Cleveland Ohio. Got used to the drift after a while and now handle it pretty well. Previously pulled a bumper pull trailer with a Tundra. Coach has the steering stabilizer which I guess helps. Seems like everyone does suspension upgrades to improve the handling. Makes me wonder why Ford doesn't just supply a motorhome chassis equipped with the upgrades.

Just completed a 2 month stay in Sarasota Florida and the return home.

Have had a few issues.

Have had starting issues. Would turn the ignition key and it would start for about 2 seconds and quit right away when releasing the key. After trying to start for about 7 times it would keep running. Took it to a chassis repair shop and they got it so it works now most of the time. Occasionally it still acts up but might have to try it only 2 or three times.

The dash air went out. Took it back to North Trail while we were in Florida and they found a hose that had worn almost thru and that the compressor had a leak. Replaced and now working well

Have had a problem with a slide leak at the front end of the passenger sofa slide at the floor. North Trail thought they had it fixed, but it is still leaking when out, when it rains. Still fighting this one.

The air bed leaks down on the one side overnight. Have to pump it up before bed each night. Controls on it seem to not work quite right.

Other than that we are pretty pleased with it. Had no problem living in it for two months.

Sold my Tundra. Bought a used 2013 Jeep Wrangler and set it up for towing with a RVI brake system and Blue Ox tow bar and base plate. Coach tows it well.

I am sure this Forum will be very helpful in the future.

Thanks
Carl
spydorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 03:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Hey Carl, thanks for the report. Sounds like you're getting everything sorted.

As for the bed, I assume you're speaking of the InnoMax Easy Rest air mattress. They sell all manor of repair and replacement parts for that thing. Check out this link to their website. You can call them and they'll walk you through checking a lot of causes for leaks. Though I have no idea if they are open through the Virus shutdowns.

https://www.innomax.com/product-cate...acement-parts/

They don't list the Winnebago Easy Rest Mattress any more - they did until recently. I'm sure when you call them they'll know what you are talking about.

Our remote on my side of the bed broke one day and I couldn't sleep on the bed that night. It made me wonder why I needed a bed that I couldn't sleep on because the electronics malfunctioned.

Immediately after that trip I pulled the whole thing out and we bought a new mattress for the bed and have been much happier.

Best of luck to you and stay healthy.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome Carl! We have a 35B, the “BunkBed” sibling to yours. Bought last fall in Piqua OH, drove past Cleveland on my way out to get it.

Enjoy the new ride and welcome!
Old 04-13-2020, 07:28 AM   #4
2016 Itasca Sunova 35G

Thanks! I'll check out the Innomax site.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:30 AM   #5
2016 Itasca Sunova 35G

Bought our first travel trailer in Piqua from Sherry RV. Worst experience of my life with the sales department. Probably fault of the salesman and not the dealership. Everyone in parts and service there were great though.

Thanks!

Tags
itasca, new member