Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-03-2018, 10:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

new guy on the block with a few questions - Minnie Drop

My wife and I just purchased a new leftover 2017 Minnie Drop 170S. We traveled 1200 miles round trip to SW Indiana to pick it up because the price was soooo good. It was our first time ever hauling anything. Big city traffic was nerve racking! We overnited at a really nice KOA which made our first setup fairly easy. I have a few questions. When breaking down after our first nite, I tried to use the black tank flushout port on the outside of our unit, but had no luck. The sticker by the hose connection stated that the "fullway termination valve had to be in the open position". I don't know what that valve is or where it is located. I opened the vanity in the bathroom and found two valves near the outer wall. Is it one of those and what do I do? We also need info on the proper startup and shutdown procedures for our unit. In other words; how do we wake it up prior to a trip and how do we put it to bed after coming home. Thanx for any help.
PhuBai68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
2016 Suncruiser 37F

WOW, the dealer/Seller didn't give you a "walk-through" of the unit, especially the dumping procedure? Typically you can "google" the dump procedure for your model and there will be YouTube videos. OR, you can download the owners manual online and there will be instructions there.
TBWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

The dealer did a walkthru, but failed to mention the"fullway termlnation valve". I have tried both google and the Winnabago sites but only find generalized explanations that do not furnish the specific info I need.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Anybody out there owe a Minnie Drop?
Old 09-07-2018, 10:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The fullway termination valve is just the gate valve on the black tank dump. Must be legalese terminology. All RV's call it that. You can find about any info you need on youtube, but take it with a grain of salt, one video said to pour 3 gallons of anti freeze directly into your f/w holding take for winterization. I guess use common sense when deciding which one follow.
greg
Greg Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We(I) own a Drop1780. We had several issues the first time we used it. Now everything seems to be in order.

greg
Greg Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #7
Site Team

That 'warning" is just so you don't connect the black tank flush to a hose and not open the black tank valve. It's to prevent you from filling the black tank via the flushing system and backing up black water into the inside of your TT.

When you say you couldn't get it to work - what are you expecting to happen? You should simply hear water spraying into the black tank and it may not be all that loud.

If you don't hear anything nor see any clean water coming out of the black tank hose after it's emptied and you keep the flush hose running it can be one of two things.

1. You don't have enough water pressure in the Back Tank Flush hose to spray inside the black tank
2. You have a faulty check valve on the Black Tank Flush

See, there is a one way valve on that flush line so that you can put water in to the tank but no "black water" i.e. sewage can get back up through that line. It's called a check valve. It's not super common, but it's not impossible for that valve to fail and block all water flow.

One way to tell is if you have the hose on full power on the flush line and no water is entering the black tank (turn the hose on and go inside and stand on the toilet flush and see if you see water coming in - or if you hear water coming in.

Being new to travel trailers everything can seem like a big deal. It's not. Relax.

If the BW Flush is truly not working you can have any WBGO dealer fix it under warranty assuming it's still under warranty. Even if it's not, it's not a big cost.

Also, while having a black water flush is super convenient it isn't 100% necessary and it wasn't all that long ago that no RV had such a thing. So, again. relax.

PS. Use a separate hose for the black tank flush hose - don't use your white fresh water hose. It's not sanitary to use the fresh water hose for this purpose.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I thought I posted this yesterday but I may have missed a step. In any case, you should find this video helpful :

BobC is offline   Reply With Quote