Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
Just Ama

Smile New Aspect 30J Owner from Arizona

Not really sure what to say, except that this is our First Winnebago product. We've owned 5 Class A's prior to purchasing our 2018 Aspect. We had two Vogue's, One Dynasty, One Country Coach, and one Tiffin Phaeton. We wanted to go down in size, but not quality. So far, the Aspect has met our expectations to a "T". We also wanted to get away from the complexity of a DP and back into a Gas Burner. We only get away twice a year since we are 3rd Generation Farmers.
Hope to be able to find answers to any questions we might have by joining the Winnebago Owners Forum.
AzLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello there and welcome. Enjoy your new Aspect; it looks like a very nice choice.

We are also currently shopping for a "downsize" Class C and there seems to be a lot of models to consider. I will be interested in your posts about the Aspect, and pictures if you have 'em. Good luck with the new RV.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
Just Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hello there and welcome. Enjoy your new Aspect; it looks like a very nice choice.

We are also currently shopping for a "downsize" Class C and there seems to be a lot of models to consider. I will be interested in your posts about the Aspect, and pictures if you have 'em. Good luck with the new RV.
Hi Sarah,
The best photos are on these two sites. This is where we "looked" before we bought. We bought our Aspect sight unseen. First time we've ever done that.
This one is the same color scheme that we bought.
https://www.mcclainsrv.com/inv/2019-...ect-30J-88509/
And this one has a lot of good pictures of the Aspect along with a 360 degree that helped us decide to buy the Aspect.
https://www.lichtsinn.com/product/ne...-30j-696282-16
Had we not purchased our Aspect from LaMesa RV in Tucson, we would have purchased it from Lichtsinn. We had communications with both dealerships, but decided to go with LaMesa because of it's close proximity to us.
Hope you didn't suffer a lot of damage with the Hurricane that hit there. Have family who live in Houston and they were spared the worst of it, but did have some damage to their property.
If you have a chance to see an Aspect in person, I'd recommend doing so. We also looked at everything out there and they were either too tall, too wide, not enough storage space, or we didn't like the floor plans for our downsizing needs.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzLady View Post
Hi Sarah,
The best photos are on these two sites. This is where we "looked" before we bought. We bought our Aspect sight unseen. First time we've ever done that.
This one is the same color scheme that we bought.
https://www.mcclainsrv.com/inv/2019-...ect-30J-88509/
And this one has a lot of good pictures of the Aspect along with a 360 degree that helped us decide to buy the Aspect.
https://www.lichtsinn.com/product/ne...-30j-696282-16
Had we not purchased our Aspect from LaMesa RV in Tucson, we would have purchased it from Lichtsinn. We had communications with both dealerships, but decided to go with LaMesa because of it's close proximity to us.
Hope you didn't suffer a lot of damage with the Hurricane that hit there. Have family who live in Houston and they were spared the worst of it, but did have some damage to their property.
If you have a chance to see an Aspect in person, I'd recommend doing so. We also looked at everything out there and they were either too tall, too wide, not enough storage space, or we didn't like the floor plans for our downsizing needs.

Thanks for the info, Jayne. I'm glad the Aspect is working for y'all; it looks really nice. I have been in contact with Lichtsinn, discussing the Sprinter Navion 24V.

Currently my favorite C is the Entegra/Jayco Esteem, which features two a/c units and a 2 year warranty. But we still have a lot of looking to do.

Thanks again.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:52 AM   #5
Just Ama

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Jayne. I'm glad the Aspect is working for y'all; it looks really nice. I have been in contact with Lichtsinn, discussing the Sprinter Navion 24V.

Currently my favorite C is the Entegra/Jayco Esteem, which features two a/c units and a 2 year warranty. But we still have a lot of looking to do.

Thanks again.
Hi Sarah,
We looked at the Esteem and liked a lot of things about it. But because I'm a little claustrophobic, I didn't like the overhang. I was so used to having a big windshield.. didn't think I'd like ducking to see things up high when we were going through canyons. One of the most beautiful trips we took was through the Virgin River Gorge.
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/a...e-scenic-drive
I want to go back there again, and didn't think I'd like 'ducking' to see the tops of the rock formations. We were definitely looking for something that didn't have the overhead bunk.
Lichtsinn was very personable and professional. I would not have had a problem buying from them at all.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hi Sarah,
We looked at the Esteem and liked a lot of things about it. But because I'm a little claustrophobic, I didn't like the overhang. I was so used to having a big windshield.. didn't think I'd like ducking to see things up high when we were going through canyons. One of the most beautiful trips we took was through the Virgin River Gorge.
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/a...e-scenic-drive
I want to go back there again, and didn't think I'd like 'ducking' to see the tops of the rock formations. We were definitely looking for something that didn't have the overhead bunk.
Lichtsinn was very personable and professional. I would not have had a problem buying from them at all.

I agree about the overhang, and I have always resisted a C class because of the clunky and outdated appearance. I don't know why they can't come up with an updated design that is more appealing. That said, I am more concerned with the "house" functionality and dual a/c units will be a must for us.

Also, I DO want the overhead bunk!

We started our downsize search with the Sprinter chassis models but have lost our initial interest due to limited OCCC and questions about the servicing the Mercedes. So many things to consider!
Old 05-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #7
Just Ama

Quote:
I agree about the overhang, and I have always resisted a C class because of the clunky and outdated appearance. I don't know why they can't come up with an updated design that is more appealing. That said, I am more concerned with the "house" functionality and dual a/c units will be a must for us.

Also, I DO want the overhead bunk!

We started our downsize search with the Sprinter chassis models but have lost our initial interest due to limited OCCC and questions about the servicing the Mercedes. So many things to consider!
Oh my gosh... you are SO right! There are a ton of things to consider when moving down in size and type. We could not find any Class C's with 50 amp service. Even if they did have two air conditioners, they still only had 30 amp service. We also wanted two air conditioners, but with the Aspect, the size is small enough that they have assured us one air unit is adequate. That remains to be seen. It does get hot here in Arizona. LOL! Fortunately, when we can travel, we go someplace cooler, so the single air unit may not be a problem for us. I hope what they've said is true. So far it's only been in the 90's here and it's been keeping up with the cooling while we've been stocking it with the stuff from our old RV.
I'll be interested to know what you end up purchasing.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Oh my gosh... you are SO right! There are a ton of things to consider when moving down in size and type. We could not find any Class C's with 50 amp service. Even if they did have two air conditioners, they still only had 30 amp service. We also wanted two air conditioners, but with the Aspect, the size is small enough that they have assured us one air unit is adequate. That remains to be seen. It does get hot here in Arizona. LOL! Fortunately, when we can travel, we go someplace cooler, so the single air unit may not be a problem for us. I hope what they've said is true. So far it's only been in the 90's here and it's been keeping up with the cooling while we've been stocking it with the stuff from our old RV.
I'll be interested to know what you end up purchasing.

The two a/c units on the Jayco/Entegra C's are 11k units and can both be run at the same time on 30 amps. The RVs come with EMS to manage the electrical load, so if a coffeemaker, hair dryer, etc. is turned on then the rear a/c unit is automatically shut down until the additional load is turned off.

We are familiar with an EMS since our 50-amp Bounder also has this feature. It works quite well at managing the demands, though I know that dealing with 30 amp service will mean some adjustments must be made. (We will have to eat out more so that the microwave doesn't cause too much "load!!")

Thanks for your input; we are carefully studying the pros/cons or each brand. I hope you have many happy miles in your new Aspect; it is a great looking RV.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Oh, and I totally forgot to say thank you, but luckily we were spared any damages from the hurricane and flood last year. It was terrible but thankfully we never even lost power.