Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2021, 03:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Need all the advice were coming from Hawaii

We are hoping to make it to Oregon/Washington in May 2022 (from Hawaii) for a two month road trip all the way up to Grand Tetons and back down to Oregon and CA. We are looking to close on a 2020 1800BH for 23k this week.

Our 1st choice was the 2100BH but that has not materialized.

We have no experience we will have a truck that will pull it no problem so our questions will not be related to that. However:

Should we wait to buy one and see if prices go down?

This one comes with a composting toilet and the owner never used the black tank what are your opinions on that?

Because we feel we have to have a bunkhouse and we really want a small trailer with dual axles we want to stick with these two models.

So we are at the mercy of the market. And 23000 is the top top end of what we can do.

This one comes with 2 propane tanks, and the anti sway package btw listed in Oregon.

Thank you in advance we look forward to joining the Winnebago club
Ohana318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Ohana318,
As far as the prices of trailers are concerned, my crystal ball is fuzzy, but here are the factors which I would consider:
1.) The 2021 projected rate of inflation. The 1980-standard is on a trend of 18% and the CPI-U is 8¾%. This is calculated from the January to July actual increase times two.
2.) The customer demand. I have read folks on this forum speculate in both directions on this, but I feel the demand is fairly constant and will be so through May of next year.
3.) November seems to be a good discount month but with the backlog still high, who knows?
I personally prefer a black water tank. We have free dump stations at the rest areas here in Washington, and used with an adequate amount of flush water, it seems to be less mess.
I would add that as you tour, try to do the Oregon Coastline going southbound. US 101 is a two-lane highway, and most of the scenic turn-outs are on the ocean-side.
Here is the brochure for the 2020 1800 Bunk House:
https://www.winnebago.com/brochure-a...l=Micro+Minnie
I agree with the goal of getting a Bunk House trailer. I believe it is very comfortable for the kids to have their own space. Let us know how it goes, OK?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 08-24-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks so much very helpful
Ohana318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:21 PM   #4
Site Team

Aloha!
I would caution against buying a TT early and not using it. That almost never works out. Because, you get so far away, timewise, from the sale and the seller and you have no idea if when you start using it that things will show up not working right - and the seller will have long moved on from the sale.

Also, the minute you purchase this TT that's not your "ideal" model is the day that you start to find option after option of your ideal now being available.

Prices go up and prices go down. Ignore that. It's out of your control.

Have you used a composting toilet? Many people say they are great but they also say they aren't for everyone. And, what happens to resale. You'll not only need to sell the TT but you have to find a buyer that wants a Composting Toilet.

We're all different. But, for me, I'd feel like all the signs were telling me to let this one go and wait a while more - like March/April 2022. There will always be something available for sale. If it's not your ideal then and you're pinched for time. Just get a TT that will work for your trip and plan to sell it when you find the right one.

PS. I see you're in Kihei - Maui is beautiful.

Tags
advice