Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2020, 01:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

My First Winnie

Hi All!

I’m Brian from Michigan. I’ve been RVing the SW in the winters for the last couple years with my old man rescued Lab, Yoda. I’ve decided that I’m going to spend much more time on the road after CODIS-19 changed everything in my life.
I have a small T@G teardrop travel trailer and it just isn’t going to cut it if I’m going to be a road warrior! I just put a down payment on a Hike and thought I would join the group as I already have questions.
I hope I meet some great people here and I’m sure I will be able to give back to the community often as I think I am a pretty resourceful guy! I don’t mansplain though!!!

Thanks for letting me in!

Brian
MiHike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

First welcome and then I have to admit that I had to go look for a definition of the rest! The definition still leaves me confused as there is just no way to explain things that make sense to all readers, no matter whether they are male or female.
This communications stuff is a whole lot harder than it's often cracked up to be. I like to be thorough enough to get the idea across but if that doesn't work, I try it at different levels until it seems they get what I'm saying. Mansplaining, perhaps?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
First welcome and then I have to admit that I had to go look for a definition of the rest! The definition still leaves me confused as there is just no way to explain things that make sense to all readers, no matter whether they are male or female.
This communications stuff is a whole lot harder than it's often cracked up to be. I like to be thorough enough to get the idea across but if that doesn't work, I try it at different levels until it seems they get what I'm saying. Mansplaining, perhaps?
Thanks for the welcome Morich! You live in one of my favorite (pre or post Cedar Fever) destinations when my state is covered in snow! I stayed a week in January ate the Army Core campground by Georgetown and really enjoyed it. That was my 3rd year staying in Central Texas but was my shortest time spent out of the three.
Information is good but it’s all about the delivery! I jokingly put that caveat as I’ve often found forums to always have a few mansplainers. I was blessed to have two career paths along my life road; one in Culinary Arts and the other in Engineering. Now that knowledge is useless unless I can use to help others.
MiHike is offline   Reply With Quote