Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Morning - New to Site but with Question on Slide Lock's

Good Morning,

Just joined the site and looking forward to hopefully getting some good advise and maybe helping others as I go. I currently own a 2015 Itasca Meridian 36M.

Quick Question for the group, I have discovered a small leak in my Drivers Side Slide Cabinet Area, and in my research was wondering if it could be coming from the associated motorized slide lock, as everything else appears well sealed. Does anyone have a good reference of what to look for to see if that is causing the issue? Thanks in advance - Chris
chrisk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:10 AM   #2
Site Team

It's difficult to tell with just your description. But, on my unit the slide lock is 100% contained within the inside of the coach. So, I'm wondering about the ability of that to be the cause of a leak.

Sometimes leaks show up directly below an area on the roof that's letting water in. Usually not the side gutter channel but a roof top vent or other fixture. But, sometimes the water gets in and travels. So, it's a difficult thing to figure out.

On a slide you presumable have a slide topper - are there any tears? Is the leak a one time thing that was maybe caused by wind blown rain under the topper?
Old 10-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
It's difficult to tell with just your description. But, on my unit the slide lock is 100% contained within the inside of the coach. So, I'm wondering about the ability of that to be the cause of a leak.

Sometimes leaks show up directly below an area on the roof that's letting water in. Usually not the side gutter channel but a roof top vent or other fixture. But, sometimes the water gets in and travels. So, it's a difficult thing to figure out.

On a slide you presumable have a slide topper - are there any tears? Is the leak a one time thing that was maybe caused by wind blown rain under the topper?
Appreciate your quick response, in terms of your questions:

1. I have a slide topper - although I noticed in extreme heavy rain with a wind, water does pool on top of my slide, hence the reason I was wondering if it could pool around the slide lock mechanism and find its way in?

2. The leak (drips) occurs at the far inside of my slide (cabinet area) so directly above this is the slide compartment, close to the Fascia. As a result, the other item I was considering was where the external screws are for the aluminium support for the slide frame and Fascia Board is, as they are located on top of the slide. However, the putty in the area seems good, but maybe around a screw?

Just a couple of thoughts on the issue from my side.

Thanks once again!
Old 10-09-2021, 07:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Water seeks its own level so a leak could be anywhere on the roof and the level of the mh would cause it to move directions. With that said, the slide lock has a weep hole on the outside. At least my 2015 does. Use a small piece of wire and clean the hole. if it is blocked water will be present when the hole is cleaned.

We had a leak and it was dripping down from a front AC Air return vent, and next site it was the third AC return vent. Diagnosis was the middle AC gasket was not set properly. Leaks are hard to find.

You need to have your information in the signature line. Take a look at other users posts. It helps immensely when trying to trouble shoot problems and get information.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Appreciate the responce and will take a look at the Slide Lock weep hole to see if that is the issue, also thanks for the note about the signature.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk01 View Post
Appreciate the responce and will take a look at the Slide Lock weep hole to see if that is the issue, also thanks for the note about the signature.
Let us know what you find.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide