Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-28-2022, 10:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Cool Missing range hood and exterior vent

Greetings ,

My wife and I just took delivery of a 2022 2108 FBS FLX .
There is no range hood and vent over the cooktop !!!
I am in discussions with the sales manager at Lazydays concerning the missing range hood and vent. They contacted the Winnebago factory rep and were told that Winnebago was unable to acquire the range hoods due to supply chain issues in Q1 so they just elected to ship units without range hoods. I cited that numerous Winnebago FLX promotional videos and the product brochures clearly show a vented range hood installed beneath the High Point Microwave. I asked the sales manager how are we supposed to use the cooktop when we cannot vent smoke and steam to the outside !!!

Anyone else experiencing the "missing rangehood " ?
Watchman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 11:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Watchman,
How very strange to have your trailer shipped that way. Is the vent cover in-place, or does that need to be cut through the sidewall? I thought you always had to vent a gas oven during operation, for safety considerations.
I would verify the information Lazydays told you. I would call Winnebago directly to confirm. Something doesn't sound right to me.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-29-2022, 09:20 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi again Watchman,
As nobody else chimed-in on this, I assume this is not happening elsewhere. To be blunt, I believe Lazydays cannibalized your trailer to repair another trailer.
Eagle5
Old 07-30-2022, 06:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

My 2022 2018 FBS does not have a range hood or vent. (Dealer not Lazy Days) Just one of several items that have not been included or missing that can be a little frustrating. Other examples like only one side of the bed has outlets, no reading lights, only two ceiling lights, bath and entrance, are switch controlled, so getting out of bed at night requires having a flashlight handy.

When using the stove top, it will help somewhat to open the roof vent, open the window over the sink, then turn of the fan. It helps but you still can set off the ceiling alarm.

I suspect this issue is not dealer related, for in our unit there is no exterior evidence that a vent was specified.

I have owned this unit a little over a month now had have logged almost 4K miles on it. Overall feel that it is a decent unit for the price point but just has some frustrating issues that need improvement to make the unit better for use.

Interested to learn how this turns out for you.
Stillmovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 06:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Weird. Looking at exterior pics on Google of your model, some are definitely missing the vent while some have it.
blifsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 09:30 AM   #6
Site Team

I am really surprised that units with gas stoves can be sold without a vent hood in-place and functioning. I thought this was a safety requirement.
Old 07-30-2022, 11:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
I am really surprised that units with gas stoves can be sold without a vent hood in-place and functioning. I thought this was a safety requirement.
I don't know about RV requirements but in the sticks and bricks world if an openable window is present it qualifies for the ventilation per FHA.
Old 07-31-2022, 07:43 AM   #8
Site Team

This started becoming a reality during the component shortages as a result of the pandemic. There are a number of Winnebago towable models that have shown up without range hoods and other items like stereos.

The TTs involved all have fans in the ceiling near the stove and this is the given justification for not supplying a built in range hood exhaust fan. And they point to wording in the official brochure that’s states running changes and deletions may occur during production.

I’m not justifying this questionable policy, just stating the reality.
Old 07-31-2022, 10:37 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Yeah, heard that WBGO was shipping Many products without stuff they couldn’t install during Covid induced supply chain problems. Including TTs and Motorized. You can’t cook in a 2108 without the range hood/fan/vent. I’d be making a pretty big stink with WBGO customer service, and demand they install the missing gear at their expense. No slimy verbiage on the purchase contract can get them out of “fitness for a particular purpose” clause of US Code. I’m not a lawyer and do not give legal advice, but that is the approach I would be using with WBGO. Or, I’d just tow my TT back to the plant, and park it in front of the office until they fixed it. (Maybe if I got up on the wrong side of the bed). Surely they have the parts by now, and taking it back to the plant demanding compensation for fuel, I don’t feel is an unreasonable demand.
Old 08-09-2022, 01:39 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

2108 FLX Missing Range Hood and Wall Vent

Greetings all ,

Thank y'all for your input!
I am in contact with WB customer care and waiting on a reply from their parts guy.
Seems they have illness in the parts personnel so the response has been "delayed".
Two weeks now but I am resolute.

The missing hood and vent is a "No Go" as the cabinet surface under the convection MV is flammable and the light they used to cover the wiring access is plastic.
The lack of ventilation issue is not defendable . I have found the parts from suppliers in Elkhart,IN like US Made Ventline .

If one watches the promotional WB videos for 2022, you will note the presence or absence of the tell tale wall vent on the camp side of the TT.
The dealers act like its all "news" to them !

Let's see how this ends !

Watchman 22
Watchman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 12:18 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Wow I didn’t think many others thought about the missing hood vent the same way I do. My wife is having a fit about the missing vent safety smell etc. I’m sure winibago won’t fix. I’ll need to find a vent that will work. I just looked at several stove vents on Etrailer $100-to $169 ducted and nonducted.
I would think non ducted would be the same as no fan at all. I wouldn’t think even with charcoal filter that it would be very affective at keeping smell and smoke out of Rv. Thanks for the input. Banjo

Tags
vent