Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2020, 05:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Minnie Winnie Owner in Georgia

Hello everyone. I'm the somewhat proud owner of a 2006 29' Class C Chalet. It is not my first motorhome but will be my last. My first was a 1991 Rockwood Class A that I bought in Houston, TX in 2001 and drove back to Delaware. Ironically I accepted a new job in Houston in 2005, shortly after Katrina, and drove it back to Houston. I lived in it for almost a year before buying a house and selling it. I got remarried and we decided to go camping so we bought a tent and later upgraded to a pop up. We moved to Georgia in 2012 and sold the pop up.

I bought the Winnie here in Georgia and had some great camping experiences in Georgia, Alabama, West Virginia and Florida but the main purpose was to visit my mom in Delaware once a year. We would book a week in Trap Pond state park since that was one of our favorite parks and only about 10 miles from my mom's house. My mom was 100 years old and still living by herself but she passed away a couple weeks ago and I made my last trip to Delaware in the Winnie to attend the services.

I'm at another crossroad in my life. We had planned on investing in a new smaller motorhome but those plans have changed. We are instead building our retirement home on an island in the Philippines where I will live the rest of my days. Camping and travel are memory making experiences and I enjoyed every minute but it's time to move on and start a new adventure deep in the provinces of the land I love most. I joined this amazing forum to work out a couple bugs before selling the Winnie so this is hello and goodbye in the same message. Thanks for reading. David & Jovy.
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote