Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
2018 Vista 35f

Just made the deal

Well after 60 days of research (in depth) on forest river georgetown, I just made a deal on a 2018 Winnebago Vista LX 35 f. Took me two days to see the difference. Overhead bunk, construction quality, 35ft with bath and a half, amperage draw of res refer (6.5 is low and a big deal to me) just to name a few items. I was constantly worring about forest river past issues. I know all manufactures have some issues , but I think my lowest risk route is with Winnebago. Love to hear feedback. Test drive is tomorrow and deliver is week after next!! Former experience is 3 pickup campers and two TT and raised on RVing with my dad. DW pushed hard after she saw this unit.
RvExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:14 PM   #2
Site Team

RVExplorer, congrats on your new Vista and welcome to the forum!
Al
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
2016 Winnebago Vista

Congrats on your new Vista. We currently have a 2016 Vista. We love it. We started with a new 2012 Coachman concord 300. Beautiful rig, just poorly built right from the get go. Was in the shop for the first 6 mos of ownership and then 1st time out, the 3 slides would not go back in. So many issues, traded for a 2012 Itasca Reyo (Class A front end diesel). Loved it, but decided not to retire and it sat in the driveway. Purchased a Mini Winnie TT. Didn't like towing and purchased a 2008 Winnebago Aspect. The Aspect was an awesome unit, but, bed was against the wall and hard to make, so we traded for the Vista, that we have now. From our experience, Winnebago products are the bomb!! Made so much better than many of the other brands. We had so many different units, our neighbors stopped and asked if we were an RV dealer! LOL. Good luck with your new unit. Hope it brings you and your wife many years of enjoyment.
Patseyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:15 AM   #4
Site Team

We went from a Forest River Class C to Winnebago Class A and are happy with the noticeable improvement in quality. Enjoy your new Winnie.