Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2021, 11:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just bought a 2016 2201 DS

Hello all,
From Armstrong British Columbia, the Sunny Okanagan valley.
Just upgraded from a 2008 178 Palomino Gazelle to a mint condition 2016 Minnie 2201 DS in Platinum color.
Only drawback to the trailer is the darn color gel coat is faded and chalky, (this is the years they did red, blue, yellow and the less gaudy light blue/grey they called Platinum) .
Wont be bringing it home for another 3 weeks or so, then will dive into polishing it to see if I can get it looking new again. Otherwise it looks like it came of the dealer showroom, looking forward to having that giant bathroom, tons of storage and outside kitchen! Any tips on exterior polishing/restoring would be appreciated, and of course chat about anything else as well. Oh, also looking at getting an Anderson WD hitch, trailer comes with old style WD hitch but i think the Anderson looks like the ultimate device, any thoughts?
chrishBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Congrats Cherish,
Many on this forum recommend the Husky Centerline. I bought one and am very pleased with it, although because it has built-in anti-sway, it’s quite noisy in low speed turns.
Old 03-16-2021, 01:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks...I dont even know what hitch it comes with, though it looks brand new as well, I came across the Centerline in my research and it would likely be a 2nd choice to the Anderson thanks to the straight trunion bars. But I am really intrigued by the design and ease of use with the Anderson. I will obviously use the one the trailer comes first, but less noise and ease of use really make the Anderson look promising.
chrishBC is offline   Reply With Quote