Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2020, 11:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Jensen AWM 968

Hi everyone! New member here! We are not new to RVs but this is our first Winnebago. We purchased a 2015 Itasca 30t last week and already took it on its' maiden voyage - sweet coach! I'm having trouble with the Jensen radio/audio visual system, though. Most of it's features we are figuring out with use of the manual and google, but I have a couple of questions that I can't find the answer to anywhere.
First, since the key has to be in accessory for the unit to play, I take it there must be some guard to prevent running down the chassis battery. Does it have a shore line trickle charger or something? I don't want to find this out the hard way.
Secondly, I can't send or receive phone calls and hear it through the speakers. My iPhone 10 paired easily and will play music both in the phone and by streaming music via pandora or amazon music. It will audio play google or other maps. I can even control the volume with my phone. But I can't get the actual phone feature to work. I even manually switched the call audio routing feature of my phone, but nothing. Any ideas?
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
Site Team

I don't know that Jensen - but on your two questions:

1. You may find a two position switch on the dashboard or console below the radio that says. "Engine" and "Home" or house. This switches the radio between key on operation and house power. I don't know the exact wording it would say.

2. I have a totally different entertainment system and my RV came new from the factory with this exact same problem. It turned out they forgot to install a microphone. And, even if they didn't forget on yours, maybe it has become unplugged???

Lastly, on a related topic SOME models of WBGO motorhomes have a solenoid that will send charging power to the chassis battery when the house batteries are nearly fully charged. But some do not.

If you find that your chassis battery seems to keep doing down in charge when you are camped and on shore power then you may not have this solenoid - or it could have failed.

Many WBGO owners that do not have this feature install a device called Trick-L-Start or Amp-L-Start. This inexpensive, easy to install device bleeds off a little bit of power from the house batteries when they are charging to trickle charge the chassis battery.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
Site Team

I looked at your wiring diagram and found a Radio Power Switch just below your radio.

Here's a screenshot pointing out which switch it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 4.58.00 PM.png
Views:	50
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	175471  
Old 10-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Unfortunately the Bluetooth on that unit is audio streaming only, it’s not able to be used to place or receive calls. It is smart enough to pause Bluetooth audio playback if you get a call.

Here is a link to the manual if that helps any.

https://www.jensenrvdirect.com/downl...ers_manual.pdf