Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I like the new look

Howdy everyone, I am Glad to be here, I look forward to learning and sharing with you all!
Rick
rbradd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Howdy back at ya!

Glad you found your way here.

Enjoy
Old 09-21-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I am here, too, and very excited about this new forum
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The new look is fine but now I feel like we are missing out on easily seeing the other common issues other RVers are having also. It feels like to me we've been moved out of the party off to a side room by ourselves.

We have chassis, engines, appliances, traveling, campground and many other things in common with those folks

I especially miss seeing the recent discussion side bar from all the other forums. It takes you into other areas and interests you might not have thought of before.

Yes I can still go there but now I have to visit 2 websites. Not an improvement in my mind seems like a step backwards.

I'd vote to go back the way it was. Now its a chore and not the enjoyable IRV2 site surfing experience that it used to be.

Just my opinion.

Ben
Old 09-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #5
Site Team

Hey Ben,
This isn't IRV2, never will be and wasn't meant to be. But consider this. You own a WBGO Journey 36DL. and when you look at suggestions, problems questions here you can zero on on the content that relates DIRECTLY to you.

Sure on IRV2 you could see a post about someone with an issue with their Pop-up Trailer hitch or some other TT specific item in the right column sidebar. And those threads have their place. But here you'll know you're conversing with other WBGO owners. And, in the Class A forum with other WBGO Class A Owners just like you.

It's OK to have a couple of forum options. And you'll ultimately choose which best suits your needs. But if you ask me, a winnie owner, the chance to talk to other similar WBGO owners is a solid plus, not a step backward.

Before I purchased my 2017 Adventurer 37F this past July I had a 2015 Forest River Forester Class C. Great RV. And, I visited the Social Knowledge Forest River Forum regularly and made friends there. It was a great resource and real help to me.

But when I bought my WBGO there wasn't any similar forum to visit. Nowhere to talk to other WBGO owners with Class A's like mine. So, I ended up at IRV2 where there was only ONE FORUM for EVERYTHING Winnebago. Now that was a step back.

No one can decide for you. You'll vote with your feet. If you like it here, you'll stay and if you don't you'll go back to IRV2. I call that a Win-Win.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Creativepart - Don't get me wrong this looks like a great site for Winne owners it was just nice to go to one place to get technical and social information/advice on all aspects of camping.

Not sure what you meant by this:

"But if you ask me, a winnie owner, the chance to talk to other similar WBGO owners is a solid plus, not a step backward."

I thought I was talking to other Winnebago owners in the Winnebago Owner's Forum. Yes Class B/C, Travel Trailers and 5th Wheels where all in the mix but that was a plus to me however I can understand where they would feel having their own sub-forum would be better for them which I guess wasn't possible on iRV2.

So again its a nice site very modern and clean looking and I'm sure I'll be bouncing between the 2 from now on.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 09-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelm130 View Post
Not sure what you meant by this:

"But if you ask me, a winnie owner, the chance to talk to other similar WBGO owners is a solid plus, not a step backward."

I thought I was talking to other Winnebago owners in the Winnebago Owner's Forum.
Yes and no - because people with all brands of RVs and all Classes of RVs read and respond to posts in any forum on IRV2 the responses in the Winnie forum on IRV2 could be from Winnie owners... or owners of any other brand of RV.

The assumption is that owners of other brands of RVs will not be visiting and responding to threads/posts on a dedicated Winnie forum.

On IRV2 I saw a great many instances of owners of all kinds of RVs responding to threads in the Winnie Owners forum. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that. I just see this as a step forward.

There are lots of generic "Camping" forums, But as of now there is only one forum dedicated to WBGO owners.