Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2020, 11:18 AM   #1
Yonder

Howdy y'all - 2015 Ellipse 42QD

We recently upgraded from an '08 Itasca Horizon to a 2015 Ellipse 42QD. ... and I thought I loved my Horizon!

We are out on our first significant travel for 6 weeks . I cannot find any black or grey tank monitors except for in the wet bay. Can it be that I have to go outside to check status on all tanks ???
Yonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome and safe travels on your adventure. No there should be a monitor inside the rig, should be in the hall going to bedroom. They should have showed you all of this before you picked it up.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #3
Yonder

Bought from a pvt pty and may have been shown but I stored it all winter and relearning changes from Horizon now. I find no tank gauges in control panel in hall to bdrm. Studying manuals but no luck so far. Any QD owners out there?
Old 03-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the gang! On the '15s there are two different switch / gauge systems depending on build date. Both styles of tank monitors are located in the electrical panel directly across from the frig.

On the older style press the 'tank level' button on the One Place - on the newer read the labels on the multi-function gauge to pull up the tank levels.

There are extensive manuals with these coaches - they will lead you through all the onboard systems.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:18 PM   #5
Yonder

Thank you Steve. I've been looking for a 'one place' monitor but I don't have one - at least not one so labeled as shown on you tube. I finally found it at the bottom of the control buttons for aqua hot and such. ... a very fancy complex system for this 'ol coon but I love the challenge.

FWIW, I've been RV ing for years and monitor several of the forums. Glad to have found this one. See y'all at the Geand National ... Bride and I hang with WIT LEOs
Old 03-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I have a 2015 42qd but the build was 2014. My control panel is all of the old analog type whereas I think the 2015 build has the electronic control.

The build is typically indicated by the serial number. My Winne serial # has a "T1" in the serial number and that is a 2014 build. The "T2" will be the 2015 build. (Seventh digit number is a 1 or a 2)

A lot of similar items on each but some subtle differences. Mine does not have induction stove top but a 3 burner gas range. Also instead of a 5 gallon propane tank that is detachable I have a 28 gallon propane tank.

As Steve indicated there are two different build models.

Link to 2014 build

Link to 2015 build
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:37 AM   #7
Yonder

Wayne ... Good Intel. Tnx. I've got a "T2". Would prefer your gas cooktop and analog processes through this 'ol brain better. But, what a coach this is!

We bought this beauty in October after our 08 Horizon was totaled by a big rig. But we drove it home, already winterized, parked it in the barn and just left Montana Sunday for our first trip. Sure glad I've got years of RV experience and, since '14, in WinnieMade cuz this steep learning curve could be a lot worse. I don't know about y'all but after she sits in the barn all winter, I always need a bit of remedial training anyway.
Rik
Old 03-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

We didn't plan it this way but we like the gas range instead of the induction top.

Also, I removed the outside kitchen. All the parts are taking up space in the shed. I use that compartment for grill and lawn chairs. It is a big compartment once the kitchen is removed. I kept the bolts for the floor so there wouldn't be any holes to the ground.

Our 2008 Winnebago was totaled by Hurricane Harvey.

It's also in the shop due to some deer mouse (I trapped it) ate through the water lines in various places. Waiting on insurance adjuster now.

BTW for anyone who stores their MH and has Progressive Insurance, (Maybe others) it is in their manual that you have to physically check it every two weeks. We do, so I'm not concerned. I'm plugged into 110v and like to make sure the GFCI hasn't tripped on the outside plug.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote