Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2020, 06:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Howdy Y’all - ‘93 Elante

Howdy folks. I’m a new owner of a used ‘93 Elante and looking for information and advice on this machine. This is my first RV and it needs some restoration work. The operator’s manual has no information on the GM chassis or info on transmission fluids etc. How do you add fluid? Where and how do you add power steering fluid? How do I find a manual on the chassis info.

This was an impressive machine when new and I hope to bring it back to good form and learn a lot along the way before eventually upgrading into a newer machine. This RV opens up a whole new world of opportunities and I am looking forward to meeting new folks on the roads.
Elanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Elanter,
Here is the Winnebago Industries Service Parts Catalog. I hope that will help.
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 10-11-2020, 07:53 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Eagle5

Eagle5, thanks for the parts catalog link, hopefully some of these parts are still available somewhere. I found a GM chassis manual on Ebay that will have some of the missing information I need.

All new tires are next on the list as well as a brake checkup. Replacing the Shurflo water pump looks straightforward enough. Getting the backup camera functional after that. Adding a solar power system too.

Looking forward to moving to a mobile lifestyle.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Welcome and whaddya know... I have a 93' myself. Ask away as I've had mine for three years now and am pretty familiar with its layout etc...
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:22 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Questions, I’ve got questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinntoMich View Post
Welcome and whaddya know... I have a 93' myself. Ask away as I've had mine for three years now and am pretty familiar with its layout etc...
Thank you, I do have questions

1) What type of transmission fluid and how do you add it? (GM chassis)
2) Where do you check and add power steering fluid?
3) Above the driver side windshield there is a coax cable connection and a power switch, what is it for?
4) I have a Dimensions inverter overhead above the passenger side front seat, does this power 110v appliances from the auxiliary battery?
5) What type of roof sealant do you use? I want to go over the entire roof and reseal everything. My power vents are not opening and while up there might as well reseal.

I was able to find the wiring and plumbing diagrams so that will be helpful as I track down little issues here and there. This was quite a machine it its day and though showing a little age it is still nice. Take care of some overdue maintenance and she should be back in good condition. She seems to ride very nice, like driving an oversized Cadillac. ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 10-12-2020, 06:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanter View Post
Thank you, I do have questions

1) What type of transmission fluid and how do you add it? (GM chassis)
2) Where do you check and add power steering fluid?
3) Above the driver side windshield there is a coax cable connection and a power switch, what is it for?
4) I have a Dimensions inverter overhead above the passenger side front seat, does this power 110v appliances from the auxiliary battery?
5) What type of roof sealant do you use? I want to go over the entire roof and reseal everything. My power vents are not opening and while up there might as well reseal.
Lets see... Mine is a P30/32 as well...

I'm thinking the transmission fluid is going to be Dexron VI which replaces the original Dexron III. The transmission dipstick is located just to the left and a bit further back from the engine oil dipstick.

Power steering fluid can be checked or added by looking for a black cylinder opposite and down just a bit from your dipsticks. Look for something that holds about one-half gallon or less which has a removable cap with an overflow hose running out of the top. The cap has a dipstick attached which should be marked/stamped with lines indicating adjustments for your AutoPark system.

The cable and power switch stumps me. I no longer have the original backup camera monitor hooked up but I'm thinking that might be for the TV that was mounted up front. I think I have that same inverter up front. I'll have to check.

For the roof I really can't recommend anything but Endura tape seems to be what most people use and is reported to be long lasting but expensive.

Ill see if I can't post some pics later.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:55 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Tranny and oil sticks clearly marked. Power steering resevoir as I said off on the opposite side. As for adding transmission fluid I can only recommend a long, small tube and feeding it in... Slowly. Lots of sharp edges and sheet metal screws in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1012201232.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	175309   Click image for larger version

Name:	1012201232b.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	175310  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1012201232a.jpg