Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2019, 05:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Howdy new guy from Michigan here!

Howdy everyone!,

My name is Ryan. I am a retired combat veteran. (Saying retired makes me actually sound older then what I really am. I am actually 32, I was injured while overseas.) I just bought my first ever class C and first Winnie ever. My 1989 Winnie Warrior (it’s a veteran of camping but still a warrior just like me.) 27ft class c needs a bunch of work because the previous owner didn’t have the time to keep up with it. Me being retired I have a bunch of time on my hands so I think it will be a great project for me to bring it back to it’s glory days. So far she doesn’t have a name yet besides Winnie and The Warrior. Either way she is pretty cool and I am learning a lot from her even though she is a broken vet like me. I guess you could say she is a battle buddy in camping. Well enough babbling from me. Talk to you all later.
nremtolsen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Warriors are rarely actually broken, they just need some time and rest before hitting it again. You do know that the old RV is just about the same age as you? so you both may need a bit of R&R? Good time to have a good bud to go along on that trip, huh? I can't think of a better way to do a bit of rehab than getting down and dirty and really straining the brain to learn all the new tricks, even an old RV can teach.
Let us know when you hit a snag and don't think it is "dumb" not to know everything as we've all been there at some point.
Who's the guy most likely to get you hurt really bad? The guy who tells you he knows everything!
Besides that, what would a forum be if there were no questions asked?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

We have a 2016 Minnie Winnie 27Q. Haven't had to make many repairs to it, but we've made many modifications for comfort and convenience.

As a retired military (USAF) guy myself, I'd be honored to help you any way I can.

Welcome aboard!