Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Help with Slide out

I have 2014 Vista with Lippert slimrack slide out motors. While technician was replacing a bad motor wires from the 4 inch patch cable from the slide motor connection to the power source connection. Winnebago uses a patch cable.

Spoke with Winnebago parts today only to learn they no longer make the patch cable available. So now I have a motor and power source that I can not connect.

Any ideas how I solve this issue since this pig tail (Patch Cable)

The motor connection and the coach power source cable connection do not match.

I am stuck with the slide out and no power to the motors to keep the brake on. I am assuming I can push the slide back in and brace with 2X 4's to avoid the slide from going out.

Always happens when one is 1200 miles from home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201001_200642881.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	175231   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201001_200749038.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	175232  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201001_200818320.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	175233  
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Call Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, IA 641-585-3213 and see if they can help.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9jkfham View Post
I have 2014 Vista with Lippert slimrack slide out motors. While technician was replacing a bad motor wires from the 4 inch patch cable from the slide motor connection to the power source connection. Winnebago uses a patch cable.

Spoke with Winnebago parts today only to learn they no longer make the patch cable available. So now I have a motor and power source that I can not connect.

Any ideas how I solve this issue since this pig tail (Patch Cable)

The motor connection and the coach power source cable connection do not match.

I am stuck with the slide out and no power to the motors to keep the brake on. I am assuming I can push the slide back in and brace with 2X 4's to avoid the slide from going out.

Always happens when one is 1200 miles from home.
If Winnebago no longer supports their own patch, I’d be surprised, and disappointed. Call Winnebago and ask for the wiring schematics, and you could make your own patch. Sorry this is while your out and about, but isn’t that always the way it happens?
Old 10-02-2020, 05:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I did call them before this post and they are the ones that said part no longer available.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I will try and call today. I have tried to match the 2 connectors searching on line. The larger connector was easy to match. The smaller connector I was unable to find one. It is a micro connector and the ones I find are not the same size. If I can find the connectors I can fix the problem. I will check with Winnebago and see if they can at least give me the connector information. Thanks for your reply.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Interesting Results but problem appears to be solved

I think the problem has been solved. I had to work with Winnebago Customer Service to obtain the part number but the were easy to work with to solve the problem. However for anyone with an older model Vista you want to remember the following. (NOTE: I am not sure if this problem is only associated with older Vista's) It could be associated with other models with Slim Rack slides.
Not sure what all years are involved but when the Slimrack system was installed they had problems with the slide operation. So either Winnebago or Lippert provided a RETRO FIT solution. The retro fit solution was never placed on any drawings. The Winnebago part number for the 4 inch pig tail is 310168-01-702. They are still available. They are being shipped today and hopefully by early next week I will have the correct part to fix the problem.

Lichtsinn RV said the part was discontinued when I gave them the part number and Mobility RV was able to locate the part and was able to ship the part.

It is getting cold in Michigan and we will be happy to head home to Florida.
The retro fit part was always a Winnebago solution.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Much easier solution is to cut the plug off and solder the wires together, piecing them out if needed for length. Plugs are for quick easy assembly or removal but not needed to work.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:11 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

That would have been my very next step if I had not been able to find the pig tails.

Tags
slide, slide out