Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Question Hello! New 2108DS Owner

We just purchased our 2108DS and are anxious to hit the road once the weather improves and the pandemic is over....we camped with our kids when they were younger in a pop-up trailer, so this is all a little new to us.
My husband will likely post some questions regarding the towing specs, but my questions concern storage. Any good ideas for storing clothes, linens etc? I noticed the wardrobes bedside are a funny shape and want to make the best use of that area. Are there any particular storage cubes etc that fit well? Also, does anyone have a list of 'atypical' items one will need but may forget? (ie playing cards, a corkscrew etc). Thanks!
Cath4996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I just wanted to be hopefully one of the many people to welcome you to the community. There are a lot of good posts in other forums that discuss things you might want to take along, and what you will forget. If you’re new to this, you will take along much more than you need, and forget many of the things that you want. It’s just the way it goes. But keep posting, and everyone will chime in and help you along the way welcome to the RV world!
Old 03-28-2020, 08:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

My wife and I have been off and on RV for a long time and we never get too far on packing until we see what and where we are going as so much depends on weather and activity levels. We have gotten far more adaptable at just doing with what we did get packed and waiting until we can pick up things on the fly. Most of the stuff we take is not really that critical and we've found it far less stress to just wing it if we miss something.
I've found it's not really REQUIRED for me to be clean shaven and look like I'm camping! Matching skirt and blouse are not required, either.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:18 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
My wife and I have been off and on RV for a long time and we never get too far on packing until we see what and where we are going as so much depends on weather and activity levels. We have gotten far more adaptable at just doing with what we did get packed and waiting until we can pick up things on the fly. Most of the stuff we take is not really that critical and we've found it far less stress to just wing it if we miss something.
I've found it's not really REQUIRED for me to be clean shaven and look like I'm camping! Matching skirt and blouse are not required, either.
Interesting. I told my wife, that I’d like everything already to go at a moment’s notice. She agreed.

So she’s outfitted it like a second home, though it’s not.

In other words, my plan is to be able to head out at anytime, at a moment’s notice (due to our business), and just need to grab stuff from the refrigerator and freezer and I’m out of Dodge.

We’ve essentially replicated everything we need, and leave it stored on board.

Don’t confuse your needs with your wants, would be my advice...
Old 05-23-2020, 07:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I wrote up a checklist of what our "needs" are to be brought over from the house. It includes items from food, to tools, to electronics I need for work.

Take a short trip to a park near your home and camp there for a few days so you can better see what you need. That really helped us figure out what we were missing.
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks ! ...but very late
Cath4996 is offline   Reply With Quote