Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2021, 01:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello from upstateguy - new 2108ds soon

I am a newbie picking up my new 2108ds soon. Can anybody give a heads up as to what I should double check before leaving the dealership? Thanks
Upstateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Every single thing.

Look on line for a Travel Trailer PDI list you'll find plenty. Plan on it taking a long time and ignore the dealer that want's you to just take the TT and leave him to go back to playing video games on his computer.

Also, do the PDI BEFORE you close (and pay) for the coach. Don't buy it if stuff doesn't work or is missing. They will all promise to fix it as soon as you sign on the dotted line. They'll say, "Hey, we're friends and will take good care of you." But the minute you pay and leave with the trails they'll forget you ever existed.

PS. Oh, PDI stands for "Pre-Delivery Inspection."
Old 03-08-2021, 05:11 PM   #3
Site Team

One more thing... don't buy the stuff they dealer tries to tack on to your deal. Tire insurance. Wheel Insurance. Upholstery sealant. Paint Protection. Etc....

I personally would advise against "Extended Warranty" as well. It's a Travel Trailer not a motorhome. But you make your own mind up about that. The Warranty your dealer sells is super highly marked up and if you want one you can get one later at much lower cost. Dealer's try to make you think that you can't travel one mile without their super premium platinum, deluxe Warranty.

One other comment - it's not a warranty. It's a service contract aka insurance policy. Do some searching on the internet. There are lots of opinions about this topic.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Creativepart is right. You need to check it over very thoroughly for yourself. It’s a long day, but it’s much better to catch issues before you sign. Mine had two issues that would have been noticed if either the dealer or I had done a real PDI (furnace would not run at all, AC fan would not run reliably except in AUTO mode). Luckily both were things I could diagnose/fix without the dealer. I mention my issues because my dealer showed me the long list of items that their tech checked as part of the PDI... everything I could imagine was on that list and checked-off. Clearly they just checked the boxes without doing the work.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the advice,I have the pdi printed and will make sure everything works.
Upstateguy is offline   Reply With Quote