Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2021, 08:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Talking Hello From Texas

Hey everyone. Super excited to join this group. We finally bought a RV!!

We picked up 2019 outlook 25J. It’s a perfect size for 4 of us. 2 adults 2 kids.

So far everything is good. Only thing is driving me nuts is the noise and the rattle from the entry door.

Any suggestions how to fix that.

Thanks and looking forward
BernieMac23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome aboard! Hope you have GREAT fun on your travels. When we bought our rig we had 2 different rattles coming from the door. The first was the metal panel in the bottom of the screen door was loose in it's frame. I just used some caulk to dress the joint and that was solved. The 2nd was a metal-on-metal noise from the door latch vibrating against the latch shaft while in motion. I just wrapped a piece of gray tape around that shaft and the problem has been silenced. I may do something more elegant at some point, but this was too easy and 100% effective. And it has lasted several trips. PM me if any questions or you want more detail.
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum.

Have you been able to determine what is rattling? That is, is it the screen door? Or the main door itself? Or is it something in the door?

The first thing I would do is have someone pull on the coach door while you are driving to see if it is the door itself or if it is parts within the door or the door latch. If the rattling stops when the door is being held closed strongly I would first try to make sure the door is held tightly by adding some adhesive foam insulation between the door and the door frame. That should be easy to do, inexpensive and easy to undo if it does not help.

If that does not help then I would assume it is something inside either the door or the door lock mechanism. Check the latch to make sure it is not moving when the RV is on the road, and check the latch to see if any parts are broken.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote