Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2021, 11:55 AM   #1
2019 Vista LX 30T

Hello from Seattle. new to us 2019 Winnebago Vista LX

Hello,
My wife and I bought our first RV, a 2019 Vista LX. Bought from a local dealer, which was a preyty good experience. Just returned from our maiden trip, 3 nights to an Oregon State Park, which was enjoyable. We have another 3 night trip next week, then two more in Spetember. Tossing around ideas for a longer trip.
One bummer, two actually. Despite the dealer's pre-delivery inspection, we found two items, small, but annoying. One of the white window shades is stuck in it's up position and will not pull down - seems jammed. Then the bathroom faucet has a somehwat rapid (one per second) drip. I'm concerned I'd break something if i try to fix either of them. I guess I'll browse the forum for other's experiences.
We look forward to doing more exploring in our RV.
thanks,
Mike
mff3429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mike,
Which floor plan did you get with your 2019 Vista LX? Here is the brochure for the 2018 model. Winnebago sometimes does not post the next-year brochure when there were no major changes to the model. Were you able to find the guidance you need for the faucet and blind repair?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 08-07-2021, 07:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum! Getting out exploring/relaxing is what it's all about. I like to sit in the MH while reading the owners manual. Read about the functions, then go familiarize myself with the controls. I think us guys tend to be of the mind, "oh, I can figure this out". But, it sure helps when an issue arises. Enjoy!
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #4
2019 Vista LX 30T

thanks for the reply. yeah, luckily, the paper spiral bound manuals were still with the MH, so i can read the manual in the bathroom while i sit and stare at the dripping faucet. what fun!! thankfully, i know enough that i can quit when fixing something before I break something else in the process - ever don that?
Mike
Old 08-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #5
2019 Vista LX 30T

thanks for the repsonse. we have the dining table, chairs and retractible TV. With a sofa bed, which maybe someday we'll replace with recling chairs.
I have found nothing about the dripping faucet, I bet it's just a little gasket that needs cleaning, but i don;t know yet how to take it apart, as it seems like i might break something trying brute force. For the stuck night shade, I did call MCD Innovations in Texas, but needed the tech support folks who were done for the week, so I'll try next week. Their website has good info, but does not seem to address my stuck situation.
Best wishes,
Mike
Old 08-07-2021, 10:38 PM   #6
Site Team

Hi Mike,
I wonder if the fix for the dripping faucet is simply to replace it?
https://liveworkdream.com/2019/02/27/easy-rv-repair/
Make sure your shop manual doesn't get flagged.
Ha-ha-ha!!!
Eagle5
Old 09-05-2021, 02:19 PM   #7
2019 Vista LX 30T

regarding the dripping faucet, since i'm frugal, I tried a Dalta faulcet repair kit from HD, but it wasn't quite right, so i returned it. But I did find out the bathroom faucet is made by Phoenix and eTrailer.com had a repair kit for 6 bucks. It worked like a charm, withe the rubber seat fitting perfectly and no more drip. Turns out the original rubber seat had a gouge on the flat part of it - weird.
BTW, funny Seinfeld video.

- Mike

Tags
winnebago