Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2022, 10:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada 2016 Minnie Winnie

Hi all,

We're new to the forum having just purchased our Minnie Winnie this week; a 2016, model WF331K.

We're excited to begin exploring North America, following the back roads to experience the many sights and attractions throughout Canada and the States.

I'm a comfortable DIY and look forward to searching answers to the many questions which I'm confident will surface as we seek to understand our new (to us) rig.

Mike and Brenda
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mike & Brenda,
That is cool that you did get a 2016 Minnie Winnie 31K. I believe that is the first year with the 6-speed evenly-spacing transmission, which is so much better than the old 5-speed.
Nova Scotia looks to be about the same latitude as South Bend, Washington. Do you also get 90 inches of rain per year? Remember, misery loves company!
Going out on a limb here, but you don't have solar panels on the roof, right?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-03-2022, 12:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the group and hope you find it handy!

For new owners, there arealways questions and things we need to know about and Winnebago does a pretty good job of putting info online (in some cases!!)

One place I like for just basic info on whereand what I have is here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

It is an interactive gizmo which lets you turn things all around to find the parts as well as ID things you don't have name for!

There aretwo builds for that year, (early or late?)so I used early as an example of what you can find.

Maybe you will soon want to know where they put the drains and water heater bypass?
Sometimes the manual makes sense, sometimes a picture works better, especially if it lets you "look through walls" to find things!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dr1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	184022   Click image for larger version

Name:	dr2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	184023  

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 06:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Hi Mike & Brenda,
That is cool that you did get a 2016 Minnie Winnie 31K. I believe that is the first year with the 6-speed evenly-spacing transmission, which is so much better than the old 5-speed.
Nova Scotia looks to be about the same latitude as South Bend, Washington. Do you also get 90 inches of rain per year? Remember, misery loves company!
Going out on a limb here, but you don't have solar panels on the roof, right?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Hi Eagle5

Rainfall is slightly less at 60 inches on average according to the travel sites.

No to the solar panels.

Thanks
Mike
Old 09-05-2022, 06:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Morich!

I’ve been exploring underneath and behind cabinets and have located the drains, etc. This weekend I did the sanitizing on the water system, not knowing when it was last done. Flushing the hot water tank provided an opportunity to check the anode rod which is in good shape.

The Winnebago site with the graphics is awesome. Found it doing my pre-purchase research. Also reached out to Winnebago and received the original build sheet, which lists the options and parts included in our unit.

Looking forward to learning more and engaging with folks on this forum!

Tags
ada