Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cool Hello from New Jersey. WF430V Minnie Winnie

My wife just retired and we decided to start on our journey to see the country. Bought "Stella" our 2002 Minnie Winnie. Working out some kinks before hitting the tarmac. She's at the dealership getting a good going over. The gennie doesn't work, I threw out the recalled Samsung microwave, sealed a water leak in the roof over the shower skylight, ripped out the old CRT RCA TV, planning on putting in a 32" LED flatscreen. cut a hole in the inside panel of one of the storage doors to reattach the actuating rod that pulls in the hatch release. All was rolling along fine.....then while she was sitting calmly in my driveway, The LP alarm started screaming and it smelled like a pack of wayward malcontents had spent the night cooped up inside eating lots of chili beans, WHHHEEEWW! what a smell. So I decided to turn off the main valve at my LP tank, thinking that it would at least stop the leak. no such luck, the odor continued for a week until, I surmised, the tank was empty. UggHH! I also got the front wheels aligned and balanced, only to experience a wild shaking over 65 mph....shuzbut! I'm sure we will work out ll the kinks and maybe by next season when there are actually spots available in any RV park, we will finally start enjoying the journey. Good to have some friends to vent to. Thanks all!
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:30 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Stella,
That propane leak sounds horrifying. Even with the tank valve off, to keep leaking like that is not good. Hopefully, all of your repairs will be successful.
As far as the shaking is concerned, it sounds like you have ball joint(s) in the tie rod and/or control rod which are worn-out. Always replace the ball joints with the type that have grease fittings.
Good luck with the repairs and welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 05-22-2021, 10:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply and the advice.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote