Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello from Gilroy, California

We picked up a 2017 Micro Minnie 1700BH from friends of ours this past summer and have taken it on a couple of trips, Pismo Beach & Pinnacles Nat'l Park and are gearing up for our annual 2 week trip to Furnace Creek in Death Valley, CA. This will be our first time down there without a tent so we're looking forward to some comfort.

Aside from the Atwood furnace not working for us, despite a visit to the previous owner; everything's been good. Furnace won't light so it's got a day scheduled for repair.

I will be installing a 400 watt solar setup into 2 Li-Ion-Phosphate batteries 340Ah total and a 2000 watt inverter/charger wired back into the panel so that we may use the existing outlets. I will be seeking professional advice from the electrician for that part.

Anyway, if there are any Micro Minnie owners out there with any tips (like, replace your Atwood Furnace or Atwood Water Heater with X- brand) I'm all ears.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180701_114844.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	170754  
theneverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Howdy and welcome. Nice looking rig! You might post about your furnace problem in the Heating, Cooling and Appliances section of the forum for better visibility. Good luck.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theneverman View Post
We picked up a 2017 Micro Minnie 1700BH from friends of ours this past summer and have taken it on a couple of trips, Pismo Beach & Pinnacles Nat'l Park and are gearing up for our annual 2 week trip to Furnace Creek in Death Valley, CA. This will be our first time down there without a tent so we're looking forward to some comfort.

Aside from the Atwood furnace not working for us, despite a visit to the previous owner; everything's been good. Furnace won't light so it's got a day scheduled for repair.

I will be installing a 400 watt solar setup into 2 Li-Ion-Phosphate batteries 340Ah total and a 2000 watt inverter/charger wired back into the panel so that we may use the existing outlets. I will be seeking professional advice from the electrician for that part.

Anyway, if there are any Micro Minnie owners out there with any tips (like, replace your Atwood Furnace or Atwood Water Heater with X- brand) I'm all ears.
Is you kitchen sink above the furnace ... like it is on my Itasca Spirit Class C motorhome? If it is beware - a leak in that faucet can work it's way down to eventually corrode and short out the control board of your furnace.

I just had my furnace's control board replaced a few weeks ago due to that. The furnace blower would run fine but move only cold air for about 1 1/2 minute, and then stop. The flame would not ignite because of the control board ... so no hot air.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

You'll not only enjoy the comfort but the security when those Death Valley winds kick up. We were there once for a New Year's trip when a friend and his wife had their tent trailer's tent collapse in 65 mph winds. They stopped at an RV show and bought a new Minnie Winnie on the way home! Except for that one night, we had beautiful weather the whole week.

A good place to stop for the night on the way to Death Valley is the Orange Grove RV park in Bakersfield (oranges are free for the picking). Bakersfield has some good Basque restaurants and country western music.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california