Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello Everyone

We are the proud owners of a 2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y.
and are going to pick it up this Thursday and can't wait.
We have been in camping over 20 years but this is our first Winnebago
I will probably have a lot of questions on our new unit and looking forward in meeting some of you at rallies. Any info you can give me on this forum and the local chapters would be helpful. For now by.
Pokypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

:welcome:
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations on your cool new rig and welcome. I can't help you on rally information, we've never been to one.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Old 04-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokypa View Post
I will probably have a lot of questions on our new unit and looking forward in meeting some of you at rallies. Any info you can give me on this forum and the local chapters would be helpful. For now by.
Congratulations! That is a very nice floorplan! The popup TV in the buffet opposite the couch is the only way to go in my opinion. Makes for great eye-level viewing from all seating areas, just like at home.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Hello Roger and Deena,

Congratulations on your new motor home from Winnebago. I saw this MH at the Cleveland RV show in January and both my wife and I were extremely impressed with it. We are not ready to retire quite yet but the MH is our current choice when we do. Please do me the kindness of keeping me informed on your ongoing impressions and any on problems you encounter. Once again, both my wife and I are very happy for the two of you.

Mark and Annette
RedBuckeyeTr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I didn't know the 2015 models were out yet and had to do a search to see what the 36Y looked like. The floor plan is really nice. Winnebago always seems to be a step ahead of everyone else when it comes to their designs.

We've never been to a rally either, so I can't help there.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
Congratulations. !!!! Great floor plan, and with Winnebago you can't go wrong, very well built. Safe travel. :thumbup:
Old 04-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Great news! The first thing I can advise is to read through all of the owners manuals. This will answer many questions and give you the information to needed to ask intelligent questions. If you can spend your first week with the coach living in it near the dealership this will be to your advantage. Whatever you can fix easily, do so. Tell the dealer what you did. This might work in you favor for getting other 'real' problems fixed quickly. Don't be surprised if things are not perfect. It is a 'new house' and a punch list is to be expected. Exercise the jacks and rooms to be certain all is well there and test the generator. These are things you don't want to have trouble with when out on a trip.

The rig looks beautiful. I wish you many happy trails and many years of fun on the road. The GNR is, as far as I have been told, a great thing to do. Forest City is a neat little town. The factory service center has always been good to us. The Meridian is my second Winnebago product. Overall it is treating us very well.

Many blessings,
Rick
Old 04-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the Winnebago family. May your travels be blessed.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Good luck with your new Winnie. You'll find plenty of people in here that will answer your RVing questions.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

I really like the floor plan of the 36Y but I was wondering about how much access you have to the kitchen with the slide in. Can you get into all the cabinets and access the stove without extending the slide out?

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Old 04-14-2014, 12:18 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

We are still looking but a few weeks ago my DH and I went to the LaMesa RV show in Sacramento and made a point to have a salesman go over the 36Y with us. We and another couple made him run the slides in to see if we could make lunch at a quick stop. The fridge can be opened. The first drawer next to the fridge also is accessible. If you had long arms you could reach the sink but not much else. The other gal and I decided we could put paper plates and sandwich fixins in that drawer and the fridge so we could do lunch. The sales guy pointed out that in many places you could run that slide out six to eight inches and probably be able to reach most stuff though not easy. The bathroom is fully accessible from the hall door. The bed comes over to the dresser and closets so you would have to crawl across if you wanted to sleep with slides in. We liked the rig, it was well finished and a nice floor plan ESP for entertaining. I think you made a great choice.
Velda
RVSolomons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

welcome to the forum
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVSolomons View Post
We are still looking but a few weeks ago my DH and I went to the LaMesa RV show in Sacramento and made a point to have a salesman go over the 36Y with us. We and another couple made him run the slides in to see if we could make lunch at a quick stop. The fridge can be opened. The first drawer next to the fridge also is accessible. If you had long arms you could reach the sink but not much else. The other gal and I decided we could put paper plates and sandwich fixins in that drawer and the fridge so we could do lunch. The sales guy pointed out that in many places you could run that slide out six to eight inches and probably be able to reach most stuff though not easy. The bathroom is fully accessible from the hall door. The bed comes over to the dresser and closets so you would have to crawl across if you wanted to sleep with slides in. We liked the rig, it was well finished and a nice floor plan ESP for entertaining. I think you made a great choice.
Velda

DW and I really like the floor plan, but the need to deploy the slide to access the kitchen may very well be a deal breaker. It is a great unit and I really like the fit and finish. So many of the high end coaches have a bling style that just doesn't fit the wife and I's personality.

This unit is beyond a doubt the most desirable all around coach I've seen, and for it to actually be in my price range is far more than I could have expected. I may very well be trading in my 36L for the 36Y. It would be a certainty if not for the slide issue.

Great coach. I hope you find as much use and joy in your 36Y as we have in our 36L. Enjoy, have fun, and be safe.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Old 04-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new coach. ENJOY!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

Bad News

We went today to take delivery of our new 2015 Vista 36Y. When we arrive we saw a tech and salesman standing at the front of the unit. To make it short, water was running out of the engine block. Of course we refused to take it. At first they said we couldn't do that, but after much debate they agreed to back out the deal. We are heart broken, but I'm glad it happen before we drove it off the lot. Thank all of you for welcoming us to this forum.
Pokypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
We went today to take delivery of our new 2015 Vista 36Y. When we arrive we saw a tech and salesman standing at the front of the unit. To make it short, water was running out of the engine block. Of course we refused to take it. At first they said we couldn't do that, but after much debate they agreed to back out the deal. We are heart broken, but I'm glad it happen before we drove it off the lot. Thank all of you for welcoming us to this forum.
Water running out of the engine block? That's very serious and very unusual. Where was this unit located at?
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
It could be as simple as a loose hose connection. But, the dealer did the usual. He did not represent the product or manufacture in a honest way to you, the most important person to Winnebago; a new buyer. I am sorry that your hopes for that unit are shattered. Now that the weather is getting better you could plan a trip to Forest City, IA. Winnebago, Itasca, Era Motorhomes - Lichtsinn Motors Forest City, Iowa - RV Dealer
These folks seem to have a good reputation and are just a mile or so from the factory service center.

I hope you are able to find a coach you like and is worth your being in in the near future. RVing is so much fun.

Happy trails,
Rick
Old 04-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #20
Winnebago Owner

howdy
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote