Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
CAB
Winnebago Watcher

Hello - buying 07 Itasca 40TD

Just want to say hello from South Georgia. We are in the process of purchasing our first DP (actually first Coach), a 07 Itasca 40TD (400), and wanted to connect with other owners. I have been viewing this site and some others for some time now as we have navigated through the coach selection process. This site has been most helpful and informative. We are excited to be a part of this site and the RV community.
CAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome and best of luck with your new to you RV.

It's a small world... I went to High School in Tifton. Of course that was over 50 years ago. I don't remember Leesburg, but Albany was the "BIG" town near us and I'd guess near you, too.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:18 AM   #3
CAB
Winnebago Watcher

Appreciate the welcome. It is a small world indeed. Yes, Leesburg is 10 minutes north of Albany.
I think we have been quite fortunate in that the people we are buying from have been RVing for years, they are the original owners of this coach. The gentlemen is a walking book of knowledge and so willing to share. The coach has been so well maintained, all service records, pristine condition.
He is going to spend a couple of days with me going over all aspects of the coach. Prep for trip, set up at a park, take down etc. Feeling blessed!
Old 02-20-2020, 04:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

To me its been a big learning curve in moving to a DP. My biggest was the air brakes make sure you get those and the gauges explained to you. You may also want to ask where the air tank drain pull cords are at.
Welcome aboard
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:45 AM   #5
CAB
Winnebago Watcher

behappy Thanks!
Fortunately I drove a Semi for a couple of years many moons ago. So the diesel and air system are not as intimidating for me as all of the other operating systems, set up, take down etc.
This is quite a learning curve for me. So fortunate this is a one owner coach, and he is so willing to spend time with me and share his knowledge.
Between the owner, this page and other sites I am convinced I can find answers to any questions that comes up.

Tags
itasca