Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2022, 09:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello!!! 2018 ERA owner here! looking for advice ;-)

hi Everyone! I have a Winnebago ERA 170x and would love this community's collective knowledge for help as issue arise.

For example, my LED lights just stopped working. The fuses look good and the switches seem to be operating so I'm stumped on where the issue is.

It's only the interior LED lights that are connected to the master switch. The exterior LED porch light works and the bathroom light works.

So, anyway, looking forward to interacting with you all!

Hello from Raleigh!!!

MC in NC!
MCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings to MC from Raleigh, North Carolina,
I tried to search for a solution to your lighting failure, and this is as close as I could find:
2020 ERA 70A Lights
Sadly, the above Thread never seemed to post the solution to the problem. Hopefully, someone with an ERA can chime-in here to help.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 12-02-2022, 11:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Fuse locations and other random ERA thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCinNC View Post
hi Everyone! I have a Winnebago ERA 170x and would love this community's collective knowledge for help as issue arise.

For example, my LED lights just stopped working. The fuses look good and the switches seem to be operating so I'm stumped on where the issue is.

It's only the interior LED lights that are connected to the master switch. The exterior LED porch light works and the bathroom light works.
This may not be any help, but I'll mention what I know about fuses and circuit breakers in our 2016 ERA 70A, which may or may not differ significantly from your ERA.

I'm aware of at least 3 sets of fuses (of varying sizes):
  1. Under the dash, left side, next to hood release. Probably all MB Sprinter-related. The OBD-II port is located adjacent to the fuses and hood release.
  2. Outside (left side) of driver's seat under a plastic panel
  3. Panel under rear bed on drivers side

There is at least one other fuse in ours, a glass fuse inline in the front TV's power cable. In our case, the cables were cut a bit short and stress on the plastic fuse holder eventually broke it. I'm guessing the rear TV has a similar fuse, but I could be wrong.

I don't know what fuses go to what devices. Some of the folks on here that are really good at reading the electrical diagrams may chip in with some more useful information.

There are circuit breakers on the outside (right side) of the passenger seat, and another set under the wardrobe cabinet.

Good luck resolving the lighting issue.

The battery mode solenoid is mounted under the passenger seat. This controls connecting the alternator to the coach batteries for charging, as well as the battery boost feature that allows starting the engine from the coach batteries. The passenger seat has to be removed for access to it. The factory solenoid seems to be of poor quality and various sources claim better aftermarket solenoids are available. After suffering a solenoid failure on a trip and the coach batteries not charging, we now carry a spare solenoid that we can change when we are on the road.

On an unrelated note, our ERA has a power switch above the AV system mounted behind the driver that provides power to the Over The Air (OTA) TV antenna system. A fairly common point of failure, and easy to switch off accidentally. So if OTA TV isn't working and you have a similar switch, check it. Ours has a tiny switch and equally tiny green light that glows green when the switch is in the on position.

I've found the Winnebago customer service team to be pretty helpful when I call them.

BTW, there are a few ERA-specific threads in the Class B section of the forums.

Tags
advice