Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2019, 09:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Greetings From Alaska!

Just dropping in to say hello! After many months of searching, my wife and I settled on a 2017 Minnie Winnie 31K. We've taken it out twice since we drove it off the lot a month ago and will never go back to tent camping again!
dick_slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the forum!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick_slade View Post
Just dropping in to say hello! After many months of searching, my wife and I settled on a 2017 Minnie Winnie 31K. We've taken it out twice since we drove it off the lot a month ago and will never go back to tent camping again!

Congratulations!!! We have a 27Q and are extremely happy with it. We're from Anchorage and hope to see you sometime. Maybe when the Eagle River campground reopens.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
Congratulations!!! We have a 27Q and are extremely happy with it. We're from Anchorage and hope to see you sometime. Maybe when the Eagle River campground reopens.
That's be great! We've wanted to camp out there but were bummed it got damaged from the earthquake.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Hello. I’m also an Alaskan. We have a new vista 29ve. Can I ask what the status is on Eagle river campground? They had damage from the quake?
treiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by treiner View Post
Hello. I’m also an Alaskan. We have a new vista 29ve. Can I ask what the status is on Eagle river campground? They had damage from the quake?
I drove by there about 2 weeks ago and they are still unfortunately closed from earthquake damage. I haven’t called yet to see if they have an ETA on when they will open. It’s a shame since it’s such a nice campground.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I just saw in the newspaper today (Friday, 6/7) that they have finished the repair to the access road early and the campground is to open this weekend. (A significant part of one lane slumped during the big earthquake.)

We would try to go this weekend but we already committed to having a garage sale, so we're stuck in town. Maybe next weekend!
Old 06-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

That is great news! I know where we will be camping next weekend!