Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2020, 06:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Talking Getting Winnie Adventurer 30t this week

Just purchased 2021 and picking it up this week in Florida at a La Meza.

Comfortable driving it. It was one of the options we’ve had on our list and they are hard to come by. Our other choice was a Thor ACE that has an updated design. We liked this Winnie because of the table arrangement and decided (while praying) that paying a lil more for the Winnie might provide a ‘higher degree of dependability and service’. I’ve heard of happy and unhappy campers and we DO NOT WANT to pay for aggravation and stress in our lives.

We are recently married (2.5 years) and are in our 60’s and will be visiting 6 children and 10 grandchildren around the country. I’m an avid motorcyclist and we love to boat.

Right now if anyone could suggest what we should do BEFORE final acceptance and going through ‘orientation’ it would be helpful!

Thankful to alll

Phil & Cindy @
cruzinaround
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adventurer2021.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	176283  
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:52 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

If you have never RV'd before the list you asked for will become very long, so lets get started.

The PDI (pre delivery inspection) can be very helpful, if you stay in charge not the person giving it. There are many lists out there for you just do a google search for one you like. I have gone through pdi's in 1-2 hours and one I went through was over 5 hours.

This inspection is to make sure ALL the nuts and bolts are in place etc. If you have never rv'd before its going to become overwhelming. Take videos of all the operational parts because you will forget what is said.

You might want to pay special attention to the winterizing and de winterizing procedure. Most new folks seem to ask that question.

If possible have them hook up the fresh water system to make sure nothing leaks and everything works.

Like I said first the list will become very long. Just remember the PDI is the last chance you get to one learn all about your NEW great coach. and two get all and everything thats broken fixed under warrenty. Its better to get stuff fixed than it is to drive off and find out later.

Most important use and enjoy the coach each and every day.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Download the operators manual and go through it "with a fine-tooth comb", making notes on anything that isn't clear. Proper operation of slides and jacks is one of the main things to understand, as is the location of key items: water pump, converter (or inverter/charger if so equipped), breaker panels, etc. Also, make sure you understand the generator operation and key electrical switches, including the battery disconnect switches. You can download it here:

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...Adventurer.pdf

Also, you can find wiring and plumbing diagrams here:

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...iceType=mobile

I suggest that you download the wiring and plumbing diagrams to a tablet or laptop so that you have access to them even though you don't have internet access. In addition to schematics, they have "Installation Diagrams" that will show you the location of key items.

Good luck.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I’ve already warned that PDI Supervisor that I’ll expect just as much time as they needed to do the paperwork.
I’m looking at many posts about handling and don’t know how many issues remain with the new model. I’ve never been a Ford fan. I’m reading through limited online .pdf manual now.
Thanks for your reply.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, adventurer