Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2020, 07:59 AM   #1
1966 14’ travel trailer

First Time Remodeler

Howdy y’all

Glad to be a part of the community.

I decided I was going to get into the camper remodeling game and new that I wanted something small and light for versatile towing and mobility, and I stumbled upon a 1966 Winnebago 217-R (I was told that’s the model, I’ve seen similar campers listed as 217 1/2). She’s some got water damage, but we’re gonna gut her.

I’m new to the game and already learned a lot between blowing a tire taking her home from the sale and destroying my bumper with a faulty hitch lock (rough day, let me tell you).

I’m open to any advice you all have to give! I’m about to start gutting her to assess the total water damage. The first thing I have to figure out is if I’m going to want to restore the campers original lay out or remodel it to what I see as a more stylish and utilitarian design. I’m going to post this question again in a different thread, but thanks for reading!

Have a nice day
Cjdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Point that might help on the model is that there is often a label under the driver's side window, listing lots of info on the specific RV. Possible it's still there? Can be a big help when dealing with parts.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote