Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2021, 07:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

First time owner (2100bh) from Houston

Just wanted to say hello. This is our first RV/travel trailer ever. We have each only been in one occasionally (never spent the night). We are a somewhat adventurous young family (wife and I are mid 30s, 4 yr old, 2 yr old, expecting 3rd late June) from Houston.

Last year we went on a 17 day primitive camping road trip that was great. We went out to California and back hitting up Bryce, Zion, Sequoia, Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon and Petrified National Forest Park on the way. Wife said she was not staying in a tent this year because of pregnancy so we got the Micro Minnie 2100bh!

Speaking of which, we love this thing and are excited about our upcoming camping trip. It’s been fun shopping for all the “essentials” and trying to get everything to fit. We had trouble finding good dimensions of all the cabinets/openings so I made a YouTube video for people needing the same info.

acolunga07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:19 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Acolunga07
What a great video you made for your new trailer! I am sure others will appreciate your detailed description. Nice job!
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 03-09-2021, 11:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the new trailer!
Old 03-09-2021, 12:12 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Wow, congrats and thanks for making that nice video!

I spotted an Anderson WDH! What do you think of it? Some have been asking on the forum. I noticed your measurement to bottom of coupler is much higher than mine. Is yours raised up on the highest notch? I believe all these have 3 levels of height. Mine is at the lowest and the coupler is down below 18", But the Anderson hitch is still fine.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:32 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglett View Post
Wow, congrats and thanks for making that nice video!

I spotted an Anderson WDH! What do you think of it? Some have been asking on the forum. I noticed your measurement to bottom of coupler is much higher than mine. Is yours raised up on the highest notch? I believe all these have 3 levels of height. Mine is at the lowest and the coupler is down below 18", But the Anderson hitch is still fine.
The 2021b models use Dexter axles and the height is not adjustable (no alternate holes as before). I believe the trailers are roughly equivalent to the highest height previously attainable.
Old 03-14-2021, 03:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I do have the Andersen WDH. I had a lot of trouble installing it even though I followed the instructions as well as I could. The main issue I was having is that it just was not putting any weight on the front axle of the TV (Hyundai Palisade). I removed the brackets and reinstalled them like 3X and still couldn’t get it. It seemed like whenever I tightened the nut/chain in an effort to move weight on the TV front axle, the brackets would tilt a little bit more and I wasn’t getting enough tension in the chain. I spoke with Archie from Andersen and he recommended removing a link. I ended up passing the shackle through the 2nd to last link (basically eliminating the last link) but then they were too short to pass the shackle pin through the triangle plate. So I backed the nut out on both sides such that I only have a half nut engagement on each side and that let me connect the chains to the triangle plate. Then I tightened both sides while taking turns (1 full turn of the nut per side). It took about 5 full turns after full thread engagement on the nut before it mostly did its job (the front wheel well drops a 1/4” while the rear drops like 5/8”). After all that trouble, I think it’s doing well? It’s my first TT and WDH so I have nothing to compare it to but it’s been very quiet and not too bad on handling. I drove from houston to Guadalupe Maintains national park and ran into some SERIOUS wind (steady 40-50mph, 70-85 gusts) and didn’t end up in a ditch so that’s good. I did see other vehicles/TT on the road that were saying waaaay more than me so there’s that. I’ll let you know how it holds up on this trip.

I am going to try to shoot daily videos and upload them to our YouTube channel.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I made another video of all the accessories I purchased for it here:

https://youtu.be/PRvcwgz7v1I

This came from countless hours of research, watching other videos, etc. After completing a 2+ week long road trip of mixed dry docking/full hookups, I am glad I got all this stuff and wish I had gotten a few more things. I will make another video with a review of everything in the first as well as additional items that we ended up buying along the way.

Also, we captured the epic road trip on our new channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHK...u1myZiig-8iVwQ