Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #1
SJSA

First Motorhome 2016 View 24V

We purchased our used View a couple of months ago and have made a few test trips that have worked out well for us but; there is always a but especially with a used vehicle. We have encountered a number of minor problems, mainly with latches and other holding devices that are going to always shake loose at some point but this last trip our fresh water pump stopped pumping which was more than a minor inconvenience. I searched this forum as well as any another but did not find an answer to my problem. I did solve the problem so I thought I would share it here just in case someone else encounters the same problem. First the problem, initially the pump seemed to work fine but I was not please with either water pressure or how often the pump cycled on and off. I searched for leaks but didn't find any so I just assumed that was the way it going to be. Then the pump started running continuously but pumped no water and finally it just stopped running. I pulled the pump out expecting to either rebuild or replace it. When I started to remove the head unit from the motor three bolts were backed out three or four turns and I could wiggle the entire head unit, so the pump was sucking air not water. I removed the head and cleaned it up, there was some scale buildup, reinstalled it to the motor, reconnected the water lines and now pumps water. The reason the pump stopped running was due to thermal overload since the pump was running nonstop. Once it cooled it was fine.
SJSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
Living The Dream

Happy Motorhome Ownership!

Welcome, glad you’re here.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Congrats and welcome! Just remember, the only thing on a motorhome that always works is the owner.

Tags
motorhome, view, water pump