Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
PIC
Winnebago Owner

Finally the search is over !!

Looking and thinking for years. Funny how we ended up where our search started with a TT Micro Minnie 2106FBS. Biggest lesson learned is that everything in RVing is a trade off. Was set on a Cougar 23RBS through CW but after too many misfires with those folks decided to go back to something that simply and comfortably meets our needs. That is something that keeps us out of hotels, restaurants, having our own bed, bath, kitchen, and can carry cargo. We did nearly 12,000 miles last year doing the hotels etc. No More! I'll be pulling with my Tundra 5.7ltr and using a Blue Own Pro. I can go up to 10,100 lbs but we'll be way short of that. Dry weight 3,700lb and can carry I think it's 3,300 lb. Don't think we'll get close to that either. I plan to beef up the rear bumper and install a cargo carrying tray. Now I'm looking into the extras; surge protection, water filter, etc. First question to all is what about the extended warranty protection. I'm being show a PreseRV Elite. $100 deductible per visit. 5 year protection. for $1,300. Sounds fair but haven't seen the small print yet.
Anyone familiar with this one . PAT
PIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Howdy and welcome; congrats on the new rig. (We're going to need some pics. )

I have no experience with extended warranties whatsoever, so I'm sorry I can't help with that. My personal opinion is that they are not worth the $$, especially on a new rig with the factory warranty. If I were to consider one, I would definitely shop for those later and not through the dealer. Good luck and enjoy your new RV.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:46 PM   #3
PIC
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, Love the Bounder. Have always wanted one. Seriously, unscientific survey, but I swear the are one of the most represented older ones out there on the road. Must be saying something
PIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIC View Post
Thanks, Love the Bounder. Have always wanted one. Seriously, unscientific survey, but I swear the are one of the most represented older ones out there on the road. Must be saying something
Thanks; we bought it new and have enjoyed it for 6 years. Currently looking to downsize but haven't yet found "the One."
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote